Star Spangled Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than straightening out the stays and getting your frame trued up a bit, I wouldn't worry so much about indention on the chainstay. I don't think that should cause any structural issues, so it basically boils down to purely cosmetic (once you do some PT-2x4 straightening.
Digging the mockups and the video. Looking forward to the paint scheme too.

Reactions: Fv2
Other than straightening out the stays and getting your frame trued up a bit, I wouldn't worry so much about indention on the chainstay. I don't think that should cause any structural issues, so it basically boils down to purely cosmetic (once you do some PT-2x4 straightening.
Digging the mockups and the video. Looking forward to the paint scheme too.
I'm not very worried about the damages, it is what it is. I should have seen it when I got the frame years ago.
It should be cooler through the week, so maybe I'll start the paint between work on the boat.

Rick, which one is the common wheel on all the Chinese made bikes today that use a tire marked 26x2.125?

26 x any number with a decimal point.

Most chinesium mtbs use rims marked 26 x 1.5" but those measure about 1" and come with tires marked from 1.65 to 2.3"
Many beach cruisers use a wider rim but still has the same BSD.
Few rims if any will measure exactly what they are marked. Tire sizes are names, not literal measurements.

I'm not very worried about the damages, it is what it is. I should have seen it when I got the frame years ago.
It should be cooler through the week, so maybe I'll start the paint between work on the boat.

I know you are out travelling right now, but sure hope you get back to do some more work on your builds before Labor Day!

Latest posts

Back