Steady Bicycle??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get bizarre ads for women's clothing. Nothing as cool as bicycles
Screenshot_20200218-205139.png

I am still curious about Steady bicycles. What I can say is I find it highly annoying that they are marketing themselves as an "American Classic" & "Collectable". How can they even be considered American Classics when they're not even made in the United States, or at least I assume they're not because they're not bragging about it. It seems like a whole lot of marketing fluff to me.

A company like Worksman on the other hand who is made in the USA ( their frames are anyway), could be considered an American Classic. But they seem to under market themselves because they are sold mainly for commercial not recreational use.

Last edited:
How can they even be considered American Classics when they're not even made in the United States, or at least I assume they're not because they're not bragging about it.
From their website...
We are one of the very few bicycle brands of today that do not dilute the quality of our products by manufacturing our bicycles in mainland China or by using low quality parts and components in our bikes.
... which sounds like pretty clear code for, 'Made in Taiwan'.

I get bizarre ads for women's clothing. Nothing as cool as bicycles
View attachment 114171
Canada's finest? ;)

I know them stickers "Made in Holland".......

Well, the Netherlands is not Holland, Holland are some provinces.
And they are "assembled" in the Netherlands (wheels, chain, tires, seat, fork and bars...) and still many companies do not use grease.

Achielle, BRIKbikes, Azor and Gazelle are I believe frames made in the Netherlands or BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg).

I hoped Worksman would up their American content by buying my grips, but my price is 8x what they pay for Chinese grips. Sad.

Latest posts

Back