BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that’s the combo right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm digging this and know that I can make it work with some bracket fab and tweaking of the old saddle frame.

20200523_182714.jpg
20200523_182723.jpg
20200523_182729.jpg

Last edited:
Headlamp speedo, sick!

Considering your builds name, you could build a cockpit like this:
695b113233ff31f2969c8f60707b98a6.jpg

:rockout:

At least you have a awesome point to go from here, cait wait for the next updates and colour etcetera!

It's alaways cool when you get to meet online bike friends face to face. Mark Allard was in Savannah, so @Dr. Tankenstein and I went for a bike ride with him after work today.

View attachment 119078

It was a good excuse for me to pull out VerBoten and ride it for the first time in a couple of years. It cleaned up well. While we were down on the river a container ship sailed in. For those of you that may not know it, Savannah is the 4th largest container port in the USA.

View attachment 119113View attachment 119114View attachment 119115

I also took the opportunity to get some Build Off stable pics. SteamRoller BO15, VerBoten BO10, and Western Sizzler BO14.

View attachment 119109View attachment 119110View attachment 119111
Incredible builds, my first attempt this year. Cool stuff!

Incredible builds, my first attempt this year. Cool stuff!

It's always fun to meetup and ride with custom bike minded dudes. Have fun in the build off. It's addictive.

I liked the tractor spring idea, I LOVE the spring nanner! Too cool.

Looking good, I think you're on to something with the spring nanner.

I usually don't throw my 2 cents out anywhere but that tractor spring seems to big. I like the springer in front best little trim job and :thumbsup:

Spring nanner is awesome!!!

I definitely like the saddle chassis springer on the nanner better too. I got lazy the rest of the long weekend and didn't lift a finger on SteamRoller. I hope to get the seat mounting figured out this weekend.

I love the new look. That speedo is perfect between the top tubes. The seat looks terrific as well!

Headlamp speedo, sick!

Considering your builds name, you could build a cockpit like this:
695b113233ff31f2969c8f60707b98a6.jpg

:rockout:

At least you have a awesome point to go from here, cait wait for the next updates and colour etcetera!

I think that the Gaskill speedo is probably a keeper too. It's always cool to incorporate cool parts that I have acquired from other RRBers builds.

This isn't the first time that I have used an item from Gaskill's Dead Little Dove build either. SaltHammer had one pair of Mooneyes discs from that build and I also used the "Gaskill's Hop Shop" Higgins rack tank. That was also the first time I chopped up a Higgins rack too.

Here is a BO11 memory from exactly 4 years ago today.

1590689919617.png

1590689959647.png

I thought you riveted it together, but I see the rivets on the chop aswell!

You sure have some awesome stuff! I think that your garage has potential for a little museum :rockout:

I am also curious about how your mockup/setup will ride!

I thought you riveted it together, but I see the rivets on the chop aswell!

You sure have some awesome stuff! I think that your garage has potential for a little museum :rockout:

I am also curious about how your mockup/setup will ride!

- When I built that Gaskill tank for SaltHammer, I actually used some mending plates and JBWeld underneath the two halves.

- If I could find all of my stuff it would be fun to display it, but just ask Dr. T, my shop is beyond a complete mess. :D :D

- I am also curious to see how it rides, but I have my VerBoten Twin Bar build to compare geometry with. At least in the mockup position the distance from the center of the BB to the location of my butt on the seat is close to the same as VerBoten and I love riding it.

A few updates later tonight, but in honor of the Space X launch.

1590872187906.png

Latest posts

Back