Steed John Steed It's Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my other Royal Flyer frame made in England so going with a British twist
Think John Steeds 1920's Bentley Race car from the old Avengers TV series
Color British racing Green
IMG_6164_zps8d2f0f48.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mate and again great job on the winter build off going to have to find something different for that this year maybe a muscle bike .

Cool to see another prewar in the mix.

British Racing Green huh? Just stay away from the Lucas electrical system, or your headlight will only work during daytime rides...:rofl:
Some Australian cars had Lucas electrical systems, it got so bad at one point we referred to it as "Lucas the lord of darkness"

Luke.

Some Australian cars had Lucas electrical systems, it got so bad at one point we referred to it as "Lucas the lord of darkness"

Luke.
Did you know Lucas made vacuum cleaners? The only thing they ever made that didn't suck.:crazy:

Hey Dave there's too many shades of British racing green so bike will be one of them .
Here's a shot of my wheel set I had built some day I will lace up my own but this time thought it should be done by an expert.
Tire size is 26x2x1 3/4 rebuilt Sachs Torpedo 2 speed kickback and sealed high flange on the front I think the rims are vintage CCM my favorite style
IMG_6365_zps8b878115.jpg
hand grenade valve caps are incase someone is trying to give Steed a hard time

Paint is on last coat of clear pictures are always the hardest part colour does not look right in 1st picture
second one is close black head tube and darts are hard to see.
My first attempt at a fancy paint job hopefully they will show up better when I shoot the shots of the finished bike

IMG_6361_zpsb5276499.jpg
IMG_6372_zps7d9d3300.jpg

this is sweet

Latest posts

Back