Stingray Snowboard (not mine)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
00K0K_a9LAq6MmYDgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00303_2G8apF5c6c8z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

This is currently for sale on CL So Cal Inland Empire ~

As a Stingray guy and a snowboarder this is one of the coolest things that I've seen in a while.
I could imagine doing this with a really clean boys Stingray with a springer front end, or a BMX frame with a side-cart would be fun too..
I just noticed that there's foot pegs for someone to ride on the handlebars - that must have been a sight to see :grin:

Last edited:
There was a lot of OG stuff going on that was never really recorded back in the 70's out there. My friends and I made HDPE snowboards in plastics shop at Cypress High and took them up near Green Valley Lake to ride them. I know it was before Tom Sims developed and sold his first model.

There's a shop in T.O., all kinds of custom stuff. My wife follows his thing on whatever thing, she wants me to make a version of his sno scoot
IMG_20210217_054703.jpg

I could shred that

I have a Yamaha motobike that someone put skis on. I'll post some pics when I get to my shop later this week... Ive been trying to figure out how to make it a bike again, but it's not gonna be easy. The seatpost is welded in, the triple trees have been welded closed and had a fork welded to them, the bottom bracket has pegs welded in and the whole swing arm has square stock welded to the bottom to mount the rear ski. Might be better to leave it as is and enjoy it, but I've had it for several years and haven't been motivated to so much as try it.

Latest posts

Back