BO15 Stoked!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weld a bracket in, the rules allow it and when the Build Off is all said and done you will have confidence that the brakes are solidly mounted. A skilled welder could add the bracket with minimal paint disruption, welded from the bottom.
I thought about that but I’m probably going to make something similar to the Weimann style with a piece of aluminum. I’ve been wanting a tap and die kit for awhile now anyway and I really want to keep the frame as original as possible. I like the absurdity of throwing a bunch of nice new parts on an old original platform. I keep telling myself that anyway...:rockout:

I’ve changed some stuff and here’s how she sits...
A04BBBBA-6A72-469B-8C1F-EC864611D8B7.jpeg

I still need to fab up something for the rear brake and I think that’ll be the end of this build. I really like the red wheels! What else is different?

Solid work on the bike build! I like the red anno / Metalcast highlights you added. Great balance color wise.
And a dedicated workspace for creating rat rod bikes ? Priceless. :inlove:

You'll find a lot of interest for 26" BMX or Klunkers around these parts. I like your vision!

You had me at OM Flyer
A 26" Klunker is my next "just because" build. This will be great!

94AFF5B3-3143-4CB2-BA1D-24F95703ABD2.jpeg

I tried making some brackets to hold the rear brake and ended up not using the most effective one because of flex. I’ll spare the details because it was a fail. I ended up spending more money than I did just purchasing an NOS(luck) Schwinn/Weinmann rear caliper brake adapter. I lucked out on that score as it was the only one I could find in the webs and it was cheaper than others I’ve seen in the past. The bike is done though so I’ll post in the finished section now! Wooot!
54855A10-169A-4434-B75C-3229F233538B.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back