Stoked!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New photos!
4FAD5ADE-0C2A-4102-AF16-434BAEFA8C31.jpeg
4AABBC87-1C80-4A81-A5E3-A3206BA45787.jpeg
AE289F60-3444-453A-A7DD-6A7C23D7F4B9.jpeg
C16DE0FB-1438-4433-9EFC-FE66D9E0B5D7.jpeg
0BA41594-3661-4D1E-9B8C-5179D7808E4D.jpeg

WOW! Deck'd out with a bunch high-end pieces :nod:

It's the Mr.T of Rats
Yeah and it’s crazy I really wanted to go all American when I started but quickly realized how out of touch I was. There was a time in the 90’s when Bullseye cranks hubs whatever would just sit in bike shops. Now people treat it like it’s the absolute cremé de la cremé. I mean it’s pretty rad .... and once I realized I wasn’t going to be able to afford the Paul Word components for a single speed MTB frame I built, I decided I could afford the Bullseye stuff and I started with a 36h rear hub spaced at 135mm. It was like $78. I digress, the best way to get cool .... is to be ultra flexible and dive deeper than just the first page of google results. I almost pulled the trigger on so many different components that I thought I could sort of afford but then I’d have to skimp on something else. So I would hold off. If I had spent the money right off the bat in April I’d have Taiwan made Redline Flights no sealed BB and would have spent about 2X what I did on the made in Florida Profile NOS DJ cranks NOS Profile Buzzsaw 2 sprocket and upgraded Profile BB. What happened was I had no money in April then when I did everybody spent their covid money on Redline Flights. Price doubled in less than a Month. Honestly Red wasn’t my first choice for the color of my anodized stuff but that’s what Profile had available in the size I wanted in their close outs section. I honestly think I spent more time looking for the drivetrain then it took for me to put it together. I did that with most of the parts. Glad you like it ! :)

Digging how beautiful that pic is man!!! Dang!
Well done! That coppertone really pops with the red anno.
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back