BO15 StRATo Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have mounted the silver seat as well for the picture, would compliment these silver fenders perfectly.

You are correct!

Of course I may have thrown a crank and chain on it and left it that way!:21:

Big shout out to KJV! - He sent me missing the rack light so I don’t have that big hole in the rack anymore!
02BC3968-DA8F-4DE1-9CAF-B076D82EEB42.jpeg
C40DAB91-E574-46C2-A071-B0B2E2708661.jpeg

I put the graphics over the dent on the chainguard and tried to hide it, but no matter what, it’s all I see when I look at it. I ordered a nice one and I’ll stripe and paint it the same way. Except without the dent! :)
66E822C9-BADD-43C5-AAA5-CBCDF3D37FBD.jpeg

Nice clean job on this one!

The colors really work well, love the black seat tube.
The black seat tube is a nice touch. Sets off the other colors well.

Thanks!

I’m happy with the way it turned out. The black seat tube was really a way to hide the worse rust on the frame, but it actually turned looking really good IMO.

I like how when it is against a dark background It almost looks there is no tube there.

I won’t lie, I bounced the idea around about actually removing the seat tube at one point cutting off the headtube and raking it and putting a chrome OCC Schwinn Stingray chopper forks making this as a class 2 build.

C9BC6412-4435-489C-8BCF-24C875C28259.jpeg

I got the sparkle-y silver grips on. They don’t exactly match the seat, but look pretty good. Definitely better than the peanut butter colored that were on these bars.

I’ve got to tidy up a few things and this one is going to be done. It’s been a fun project and I ended with a pretty cool little bike, I think.
F8B04D51-ECE0-4E5F-B14A-B172253DBEFD.jpeg

Well done!

Silver grips look good with the paint combo. Solid , slick looking bike!

Well done!
Silver grips look good with the paint combo. Solid , slick looking bike!

Thanks! I am trying to come up a headlight of some sort, and I’m going to try come up with a way to make the rear light work (it’s just a housing shell and lens now).

With a little metal fab, this would work. Just not sure how I feel about it. It would cover the weld repair on the head tube.

8DB7CA17-00B2-4C7E-A0A9-3513F3D43FB1.jpeg

Just my opinion, but I think the shape of that tank is way wrong for that frame.

With a little work, the tank could fit nicely
Just my opinion, but I think the shape of that tank is way wrong for that frame.

Oh for sure. If I did use it, I’d be wanting to cut to a slimline tank kinda like the original. Just make it thick enough to retain the bug eye lights.
Sorta like this:
DC93A464-62FC-48D0-9C23-61A4E269281B.jpeg

Good plan. I like it.

That was the sort of work I was talking about; to eliminate the gap under the lights where the steerer and downtube meet in the first mock up.

It might be easier to start from scratch to get a tank that fits your plan. But then I am more of a woodwright than a tinsmith.
9b09acaa6efee4c5ca31fed31483301f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back