Strawberry Milk - Finally finished! 8-27-11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Re: Strawberry Milk - Moved from the BIKE BUILDS section

YEAH. REMEMBER ME. I ASKED YOU TO MOVE IT. LOOKS GOOD BUD!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY. PEACE

Thanks!

Decent weather here today and I was able to make progress on the paint:

2945-vi.jpg

2939-vi.jpg

As usual I had some issues when painting and at first the frame didn´t turn out as pink as I wanted it after I covered it in clear. But I just added some red and white paint to the clear and finally had some acceptable results.

Håkan

Late and bad weather makes it hard to take good pictures, here´s some of today´s progress:

Without flash:
2953-vi.jpg

With flash:
2956-vi.jpg

The wheels are actually a little bit too large for this frame, but hopefully I´ll be able the squeeze the fenders onto it.

Håkan

Couldn´t use the front fender I had painted, but was able to use another one that now of course needs to be painted. Also started to build what I at least think is called a front rack:

2961-vi.jpg

2964-vi.jpg

Not sure in what color to paint the stem and front rack yet... below is the rack all tacked together. There was just enough room to put the front light on the bracket holding the rack to the stem:

2966-vi.jpg

2969-vi.jpg

2970-vi.jpg

The pink rear light really came out nice I think, even if the rear wheels is still dirty...:

2972-vi.jpg

Hopefully the RH and LH 9/16" taps I´ve ordered will come in tomorrow and I will be able to convert the crank from accepting 1/2" pedals to 9/16" pedals.

Håkan

just pull the 4 fillups head screws out. drop the cages. then pop of the dust caps in front. then there is 2 nuts. a lock nut and a bearing jam nut. then dump out the bearings. slide in the new 1/2 axle's put bearings and all other parts back on. thats all it would take!

slow rider said:
bikes looking good. but would not it have ben easyer to swap out the 1/2 pedal axles for 9/16 ones?

Thanks!

Actually already tried to swap the axles, they wouldn´t come out as easy as I thought and who can have enough tools anyway?

Here´s BTW a picture of the pedals I am going to use on this build:

003-vi.jpg

No problems getting the pink parts, the dust caps and nuts off from the pedals but then things seemed to be really stuck in there and even if a have a shop press I thought it was easier to buy the taps.

Håkan

It's looking real good! no flash looks better and the size of the wheels look proportionate to the bike. Keep the pix coming, it's coming together real nice!

Re: Strawberry Milk - Minor update 6-21-11

Thanks!

Here´s today´s update. Drilled and tapped the crank and put the pedals on, the kickstand is BTW and so far just sanded to later be polished:

2985-vi.jpg

Finished fabricating the rack that more or less became a basket:

2986-vi.jpg

2987-vi.jpg

Obviously had to roll the bike out to take some additional pictures:

2990-vi.jpg

2995-vi.jpg

3000-vi.jpg

3001-vi.jpg

3011-vi.jpg

3007-vi.jpg

We´ll see if I have time to sand blast the rack/basket and the front fender tomorrow...

Håkan

Wow! this is a great build! I love that style of frame... wish we could come by those more often here in the States. That basket is really nice and I'm lovin' that paint scheme! Tire size is great: what IS the size?
Nice work...

"Not sure in what color to paint the stem and front rack yet"

Why not go for the Chicka Trifecta and paint 'em purple?! :wink:
That single piece crank looks like a rare part for across the pond. I definetly like what you're doing.

slowerisbetter said:
Wow! this is a great build! I love that style of frame... wish we could come by those more often here in the States. That basket is really nice and I'm lovin' that paint scheme! Tire size is great: what IS the size?
Nice work...

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments!

It´s funny how things work, I am fascinated by all the old cruiser frames you guys seem to access to in the US... they are extremely rare over here.

The tires are Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 28x1.25 which at least was a commonly used size on adult bikes up to the 1980s or something over here.

JoKeR63 said:
Why not go for the Chicka Trifecta and paint 'em purple?! :wink:
That single piece crank looks like a rare part for across the pond. I definetly like what you're doing.

Thanks, your comment is also appreciated!

Been thinking about gray and maybe purple pinstriping as it goes well together with the pink and off white, once painted one of my wife´s cars in off white with pink, purple and gray graphics on it. Hmmm, better check if I can find an old picture of it...

Single piece cranks used to be common over here and I like the look of them better than the cheap three piece steel versions at least.

Håkan

WOW! That came out NICE!

KOTA said:
WOW! That came out NICE!

scrumblero said:
wow man! it really looks new!! love the lights! that pink tail light is soo smooth!! 8)

Thanks!
Unfortunately I am going to take a break from bicycle projects for a while now and try to focus on my 1967 Ford Mustang restomod project. Don´t think the Mustang will be painted pink though...

Håkan

Nicely done bike. Great detailing!!

Latest posts

Back