Stray Cat...."The Cats Ready to Prowl"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do yourself a favour a get a twisted wire wheel cup for your grinder, makes stripping that bike paint so much easier and a nicer finish when you are done. Just make sure you wear welding gloves and eye protection, those wires get going when they fly off!

Luke.

Do yourself a favour a get a twisted wire wheel cup for your grinder, makes stripping that bike paint so much easier and a nicer finish when you are done. Just make sure you wear welding gloves and eye protection, those wires get going when they fly off!

Luke.
Don't have a cup, I'll pick one up on your suggestion. I was using a flapper wheel on drill motor and good ole elbow grease with paper.... Worked well on the one front portion but the rear frame must have had a different paint process because ten times harder to remove. Where I need to weld is clean now so I'm good till I clean the whole frame for paint. Thanks for the help....

My frame was too long to fit in a sandblast cabinet so this is what I used. Sanded the whole bike in about 30 minutes. You need to invest in one. Or you could just borrow mine.

Liking the direction this has taken so far.
Not going the full drop should make it an easier fundraiser for those of us who haven't yet aclimatized to the ang f chopped bikes in the custom world.

Awesome looking build. Just shows how a cool bike can be made from cheap mountain bike shaped objects. Certainly gave me a few ideas being a budget builder myself, just need to start thinking outside the box more!

I like the wishbone style seat stays on the frame you've used for the rear on the build.

Also very generous of you to donate your time and creativity to charity in such a way.

Ladies and gentlemen... we officially have a burrito in the build off!!
Deven, this ones for you buddy... since you called my build out I really wanted it bonafied "burrito!" Guess I'm just the Low Life in this years build!
14133307956_6999c90c0b.jpg

Liking the direction this has taken so far.
Not going the full drop should make it an easier fundraiser for those of us who haven't yet aclimatized to the ang f chopped bikes in the custom world.
I've been really struggling with the concept of making this thing appeal to folks who get their bikes off a Wally World rack. After all that's who'll be bidding on it and the custom touches I wan't to do just aren't worth the hassle. I'm thinking of changing my build since I get one change in the rules and just finishing this one up and let'n her ride off into the sunset...albeit a very low silhouette on the horizon:cool2:

Awesome looking build. Just shows how a cool bike can be made from cheap mountain bike shaped objects. Certainly gave me a few ideas being a budget builder myself, just need to start thinking outside the box more!

I like the wishbone style seat stays on the frame you've used for the rear on the build.

Also very generous of you to donate your time and creativity to charity in such a way.

Thanks for the kind words BigRed, no bones about it I'm cheap, I work hard for my dough and family and kids come first, plus I have my first love of Hot Rods so if I'm gonna build these things it's gotta be for next to nothing.:happy: Please grab these mountain poo's from the garbage and start cutting them up! I have a plethora of parts from them in just a short time of collecting.

...I like the wishbone style seat... If it were for me I'd put a banana seat on her but the big ba-hooty planter looks good to me too. And real comfy...I rode it down a hill this evening. I always dig these burrito's cause you just sit on it and feel like you're hanging out in a chair. The stance allows your legs to be level with your torso which I really find comfy.

...donate your time and creativity to charity...The charity is really a great cause, these are great kids born through no fault of their own into horrible conditions.. my church is going to raise dough to build them a school for the missionaries we have living there.

Looks like you have a bit of space between the wheel and the fork, maybe use the next size up and it could work?

Looks like you have a bit of space between the wheel and the fork, maybe use the next size up and it could work?

I was just playing with a fork from one of my bikes. You're correct, I'm running a 24" on a 26" fork. I could make it work but for what I'm doing it's really a kinda of metaphor with making something out of discarded junk and adding a fork I bought doesn't fit the plan. I just couldn't resist making it even lower with a bent fork, just for fun.

Latest posts

Back