Stray Cat...."The Cats Ready to Prowl"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone enlighten me about the term "Burrito" referring to bikes? :oops::rolleyes::crazy2::39::21:

BigRed I'm glad you asked, I'd honestly read somewhere on here it was a term for a build just low enough to stand on it's own pedal but, Wow! was I missing the cool back story to the origin... Junkman on another older site gets the honor of being it's originator, Stretch on here reposted some general guidlines in this link from five years ago I found. Rule 4 nearly made me spit out my bran flakes! Here enjoy......http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/burrito-bike.19995/

BigRed I'm glad you asked, I'd honestly read somewhere on here it was a term for a build just low enough to stand on it's own pedal but, Wow! was I missing the cool back story to the origin... Junkman on another older site gets the honor of being it's originator, Stretch on here reposted some general guidlines in this link from five years ago I found. Rule 4 nearly made me spit out my bran flakes! Here enjoy......http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/burrito-bike.19995/
Wow thanks for the link!! Cool story behind them. Got me wanting a Burrito now!!

All this talk of Burritos is making me want Taco Bell for lunch. And I don't even like Mexican food. Actually, it doesn't like me. Ugh!

Any updates? Or are you just going to keep us hanging? I have the feeling you're going to make me want to build a burrito someday. :crazy:

Welds done, time for a test run...
14031248899_f3384c8e28.jpg

How does it ride.... looks good....
Like a butchered mountain bike should, awesome.:grin:

Finished all the welds yesterday late and really wanted to make a few passes but didn't have any 3/32 links for the chain, so I threw a couple 1/8" links in just to see how far I could make it... she rode smooth as could be and I really enjoyed the wide vista view of the 26" knobby rolling in front of my face... so much so I didn't stop... I rode her for miles! I even got my first, "Nice Bike!" hollered!

Despite the steady 'Ping" and hand adjusting every now and then from the big link popping as she went around it was such an enjoyable cruise. :dance2:

I know she ain't the coolest, best look'n, or any engineering feat in BONINE but this is so much fun!!!! I've been bitten by building bikes, already fiddling with a few other parts for another build of my own to keep.

Last edited:
Probably won't be very purdy, but then that's not what burrito's are really about...is it?! :crazy:
In my opinion the point to a burrito build is personal.... I've seen some I'd say are "purdy" while others are utilitarian or functional art at best. I built mine as a spiritual metaphor, it's parts are from thrown away bikes I received as a gift and made something new. Maybe it'll raise a few bucks and hopefully some conversations about way more than bikes or art.
I gotta say though, as far as I'm concerned, the feeling I got from the test run made the point of it all way worth while!

Saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Shiny bikes are cool and have their place and all, but I personally find something ratty or cobbled together from junk bikes or parts a bit more interesting. Plus like you say there is something in taking some unwanted or undesirable bikes and parts and turning them into something new.

Latest posts

Back