Stray Cat...."The Cats Ready to Prowl"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my first bike build off entry and the second bike I've ever built from parts. I will be building a stretch lowrider bike from pieces and parts of old mountain bikes I saved from the dump. Since I have a real distain four mountain bikes destroying a few of them or this purpose will be real fun! Once I'm done with it I'll be donating it to my church, they are doing a fundraiser for a school to be built in the Republic of Congo. This is the reason I'm calling it the "Congo Jammer."
I will upload pics tomorrow after I've taken a few of all the parts. Best of luck to everyone!

Wohoo!! If it's anything like your first 'chopper' bike, the Congo Jammer will be very cool.

Welcome to RRB and the Build Off!
Great to see you are going to be able to utilize BONINE to help out your charity.

Pay it forward always a good thing.

I drug everything out into the daylight and here's how it breaks down:
One ladies Next mountain bike frame. I stripped it clean cause it looked as though it'd been left in a mud hole the day after it's maiden voyage. I picked it from a few being thrown away.
13906316109_39078ed52e_m.jpg

Next, another mountain tripe, this one a gents version and I also picked from a destiny with the dump. If you look close at the shot you'll notice the previous owner apparently rode this bike it's entire life never having a clue the forks were backwards. The form of the down tubes I could almost understand the average person not noticing but the lettering on the shocks was even backwards and illegible...man, people are oblivious!
14093403744_dee6c115ac_m.jpg

Nurse....Scapulae!!!
13906368760_aeb458967b_m.jpg

I like this shot, kinda Zombie like...disembodied and emerging from the tree. Or, perhaps it's hiding from me and my hacksaw.:rofl:
14089766461_b7b5266f5c_m.jpg

Yep, probably hiding cause it knew this was coming. So here's the parts I'm working with and I was pretty psyched for the next step of mocking up and measuring.
13906348309_f77c9ef136_m.jpg

So here was the first go-round of mock-up and measuring...
14089739841_c607d4f978_m.jpg

and here's the second with the front off the 2nd donor bike. I still need to figure some symmetry out so all my lines aren't at different degrees and messing with the flow of the others but it's starting to make sense in my head and I'm getting a vision already of what I want it to look like.
13906351359_300da61a23_m.jpg

Man I like this part of making crap!!!! :rockout:

Last edited:
Man, that's pretty crazy. Where at the pedals going to be?

Ladies and gentlemen... we officially have a burrito in the build off!!

Haha, that's what I thought at first. But from where the pedals are going to be mounted, I don't think it's going to be a burrito. But it's going to be crazy!

Ok, yup, it's a burrito.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen... we officially have a burrito in the build off!!
ha ha deven...I've been known to make a slammed burrito
13940982689_939b6c85a3_c.jpg

..but this ones getting raffled off for a cause when I'm done so I think I better tame it down. I'm putting the cranks up front with plenty of clearance and comfort. Thinking about a double chain drive though, down to the original position then back to the hub.

Latest posts

Back