Stretch cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Cannary Island, I´d like to show you all my last ride. I wanted to hide the brake cables so I use some tt levers with the cables going inside the handlebar and I drill some holes on the fork. I love how it looks but...it doesn´t brake at all and with dual disc should be like an anchor. I use a pulley in the rear brake to solve the problem of not having enought cable distance for these levers but not big difference. Hope you like, saludos.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 89
Hello from Cannary Island, I´d like to show you all my last ride. I wanted to hide the brake cables so I use some tt levers with the cables going inside the handlebar and I drill some holes on the fork. I love how it looks but...it doesn´t brake at all and with dual disc should be like an anchor. I use a pulley in the rear brake to solve the problem of not having enought cable distance for these levers but not big difference. Hope you like, saludos.
I used a rear brake cable meant for a tandem bicycle it should give you plenty of length

You´re right, I use one of those. Sorry I didn´t explain it right, what I mean was the distance of the levers, it´s not enough lenght when they hit the handlebar to make the brakes works, it´s like having a loose cable. The levers are for a road handlebar so I replaced them for regular ones. Security won this time...Saludos

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 481
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back