Stretched Boardtracker, DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree a 100%, In my opinion it looks better this way, love this bike and I hope to be able to build one similar at some point.
Can't wait to see more progress!

Got the frame back from the powdercoaters! Here's the frame, in safety red:
IMG_2057_zps8bced82f.jpg

So, though I have a couple of other builds going on right now, I decided to spend a couple of hours to start to put this together. This will be the ride I bring to OBC in Vegas, so I've got until April to get this put together and riding smooth. Here's how it looks now (in a crappy night shot):
IMG_2058_zps5538cacf.jpg

This bike is all red, copper, and brown leather. I cut a copper sheet metal disc that I put over the chainring, the bars are copper, the rims are copper, and I purchased a BEAUTIFUL copper half-link chain for it. I'll try to post a better pic in a day or two.

Well done deven_science you have done a great job, love that frame and
them boardtrackers, so is she a harley or Indian or perhaps something else?

I was thinking Indian when I was building her, but we'll call it a Devendian. :)

She's a rider now. Put most of her main pieces together, and took her for a quick ride. Sa-MOOTH! I'll have to take her on a longer ride to really judge, but this may be the most comfortable ride I've built yet. Seat to pedals, and seat to grips are the perfect distances.
IMG_2061_zpsa157937a.jpg

Had real trouble finding the right headlight for this bike. I even made a big light hung in front of the truss rods, but didn't like it. Nothing seemed to work.

Finally, I found this really cool Ray-O-Vac copper flashlight from the 40s on ebay. It functions, and it looks cool. I like it on the bars!
IMG_2142_zps106f44fb.jpg

Latest posts

Back