Stripped & Teased: Updated 7/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stripped & Teased: Updated 7/14

Stretch- Maybe one of these days I'll spend some actual time and make a good sculpt and them cast them in resin. I made these quick out of super sculpey and they're a little bit brittle. I guess I'll see how they hold up.

I think this is the last thing I'm going to add to my bike for now. I picked up a tea infuser on clearance from Cost plus for 50 cents, and a dollar store led light to make a taillight. A little bit of drilling and some glue and I had a new taillight for under two bucks. I used the handle from the tea thing to make the bracket, and the light is actually fairly bright.

rearlight1.jpg

rearlight2.jpg

Re: Stripped & Teased: Updated 7/14

Extra touches are great!I love that light. :mrgreen:

Well I finally got the shifter sorted out. Originally I was using the hose clamp to hold the cables around the twist shifter. The problem was that after a few shifts the cables would start to get slack in them. With a few bolts and some washers the problem is solved. It's shifting through all the gears and is a great ride. Now I just need to get the final pics.

Bolts holding the cables.
DSC04380.jpg

The pin you pull to shift down, it comes out under the tank and between the cantilever bars. I think I need a bit bigger ring as this one is a little hard to grab.
DSC04381.jpg

sotra like pulling a drag car shute lol. very creative i wanna see a video of it in action

Really like the taillight. Must've overlooked it before. Very cool.

your bike is very cool and well done this has really turned into a clash of the rats. clean vs dirty, polished steel, vs flat black who will win who will rule stay tuned :mrgreen: i have said to a few friends that if i thought your bike would be one of the front runners and i was right. well done

Your bike deserves to be in the top two, don't let anyone tell you different. we all built good bikes, yours stands out.
the race is for third! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Critter1- I would loved to have gone up tho Sac this weekend, but I had no way to get myself or my bike there. I've been dying to go check out College Cyclery and Mike's new shop.

ej599- Thanks a lot. I really loved the way your bike turned out!

karfer- Thanks you also. Your bike is awesome and I enjoyed watching it just get crazier and crazier as the build continued. It is funny how it has been between clean and dirty. My hat is really off to you, your bike is outstanding.

37fleetwood- And one more thank you. I really like your build this year and Godzilla was an awesome build last year.

hey kram i know this might be a little slow but i looked back at your build and i think that you should paint the lens on the little flashlight in the taillight red.

Latest posts

Back