Studebaker Pedal Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the progress you have made, incredible. The only thing that bugs me is the trim molding on the driver side does not align, passenger side molding is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the progress you have made, incredible. The only thing that bugs me is the trim molding on the driver side does not align, passenger side molding is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect that the yellow fender was a replacement, and is from a different year Lark, and so the trim is different.

I adjusted the trim on the driver's side, to make it match the other side, and flow with the rest of the chrome trim.
IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Driver's side? The driver sits in the middle. They're both the driver's side! I'm so confused.
I mean, it's gotta be called something! What would you prefer, port?

WOW, How have I not seen this until today? Coolest home made build idea I have ever seen. Gonna be watching this.

Around 2010 or so, I went to one of the cruise nights in Golden CO. There was a guy there that did something similar to this with GTO's. He bought a modern GTO that had been in an accident and removed the body. The interior frame and drive train were unharmed. He then used the body from a 66 and narrowed and shortened it to fit the modern frame. Unless you see a lot of old pontiacs, you would never notice the difference in the body. I assume he did the same thing you did to narrow and shorten it. Awesome work, Im a fan of all things human powered. This is the Ultimate Rat Rod Bike

Im in trouble now. While walking back from the mailbox, I spotted a Nash Metropolitan in the neighborhood. Had to walk that way just to check it out. It was a real nice one And at first I was admiring how detailed it was. But then I found myself studying it as to how I could cut it up and make a velomobile out of it. Im sure Im not the only one around that has had thoughts like this since seeing your project. I think you started something big In the custom world. There are many pedal powered vehicles available but nothing like this

Im in trouble now. While walking back from the mailbox, I spotted a Nash Metropolitan in the neighborhood. Had to walk that way just to check it out. It was a real nice one And at first I was admiring how detailed it was. But then I found myself studying it as to how I could cut it up and make a velomobile out of it. Im sure Im not the only one around that has had thoughts like this since seeing your project. I think you started something big In the custom world. There are many pedal powered vehicles available but nothing like this
A Metropolitan was my first choice of car, but the seller backed out last minute. I thought it would work well.

Just revisiting this cool ride!
A reminder that an update is in order. I have made a roadster windshield for it. Pictured here with my nephew trying it out.
IMG_2160.PNG
IMG_2161.PNG
IMG_2165.PNG
IMG_2162.PNG

Latest posts

Back