Throttle cable is a bit short, but I have a longer one coming in the mail. This is the console so far. I’ll use 2 more bolts to secure the hinges better after I mount it all to the boat. The hinges are so the console folds forward out of my way when I want to paddle or fish. Steering parts coming soon!
Ok, I have the whole mount made up. It’s not perfect, but it just needs to be strong, and it’s very strong. I made it too big, but that’s so I can trim it to fit my yak. (It’s at my parents house because they live next to a lake) so I gotta make the 30 mile drive one of these days after A few more parts arrive. Sooooo I think I’m at a stalemate for a few days.
Today I got some work done. I drilled where the motor mount is gonna mount to the kayak. No holes needed to be drilled in the yak, just the mount. It’s mounting to the pair of accessory rails behind the seat, and there is an existing hole to mount a rudder. It’s going to hold great, rock solid! I just need to trim the sides flush to look nice. I also trimmed down the steering console, and lowered it a little bit. I may or may not lower it more, first I need my steering wheel to arrive. I cut 10 inches off of the back of the legs so it will fold flush with my forward storage hatch.
Today was the maiden voyage! (This boat has had 3 of those now) and it went pretty well! It’s taking water somewhere, so I gotta find out where. It rides sweet though! After driving around the lakes and canals I hooked it up to my bike, and the hitch broke. I ended up keelhauling myself against my mini velo. I think the day was a success overall, that boat is a head turner! It was a comfortable ride too.