SUBTERFUGE (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been thinking it might be fun to build another one. I haven't figured out what to call it yet but thought I'd stay with the vintage monster theme. so far it's between Kong, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I have ideas for either way. anyway here is the photo of it as it sits today. it's a 1980's Murray Boardwalk Cruiser. I got it from a thrift store 10 years ago for $15.00 with the idea that it would be my basket bike to run around to the store etc. I just never got around to it.
Untitled.jpg

Re: un-named as yet

Uncle Fester?

BTW,looks like a great bike to start with! For some perverse reason I can't put my finger on,I'm diggin the baskets (Maybe the reason it's a "perverse" reason is I'm a die-hard,lycra or baggy/t-shirt wearing mtn biker at heart? :p )

Should be interesting wher ya go with it,can't wait to see! :mrgreen:

A "Tiskit a Taskit"

would anyone object if I trimmed off the pointy things at the back of the rear dropouts? I have no idea why the Murrays have them but I have an idea and they might interfere. I'm not altering the geometry, just a little creative grinding :mrgreen:
anyway let me know if that would be prohibited, worst case scenario, I could change frames if needed.

Seems well within bounds to me.3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes)Pretty much a tab, not structural.

get steve's ok first before going ahead i have no issue with that either even though the drop out is part of the frame that part is really nothing. like if you took a schwinn frame and removed the fender mount holes from the drop outs.

haha maybe but once those wheels show up (tomorrow hopefully) it wont be a basket case any more.

that's exactly what they are, a mount for the fender/basket. here's a hint at what I'm thinking. just a mock up keep in mind. when done I would rather attach to the drop out as I think it would be stronger than that rear hole. and yes I have two of these Murrays.
rear.jpg

twins.jpg

Latest posts

Back