Suggest a frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a set of 26x3 kenda flames sitting around, taking up space, and looking cool.

But nothing I own can fit these monsters.

What's cool frame, not to pricey, to look out for that will take these tires?

Maybe a Felt cruiser frame. You might have to pay more for a complete bike, but you can usually part it out where you end up getting the frame for free.

Keep an eye on your local CL. I'm using 26 x 3 tires on my next bike also.
As stated above, Dynos fit the 3" tires. I did that with 2 of them.
71061_c50b44e8b49bf5e96c851db5b0e919de.jpg

You have width and height to take into consideration. Four inches of width gives you only a half inch of clearance on either side. I've found that most BMX style forks can handle that easy enough, it's the chain and seat stays that are a problem. I am also a believer in dropout extensions, home made of course. You can make the frame you want fit.
dropouts2.jpg

Could you provide me with a link to a build thread for those dropout extensions, Wildcat? :) I would like to extend the wheel base of my fully build.

Half an inch clearance on each side - this is a lot of clearance in my book :D I am happy when I have 5mm on each side!

Could you provide me with a link to a build thread for those dropout extensions, Wildcat? :) I would like to extend the wheel base of my fully build.

Half an inch clearance on each side - this is a lot of clearance in my book :D I am happy when I have 5mm on each side!
I can laser-cut them for you if you wish. I'd need to know your exact dimensions though.

When you corner sharply, there is some flex in the wheels, frame and forks. So a little extra space might be needed.
Laser cut extensions sounds like a good idea. You can make them specifically for your frame. How the existing dropouts are designed will determine how the extensions attach. You can design them to be as stylish or basic as you want. I had a shop do up some for me a few years ago. I didn't know they just used a hand grinder to cut with. They came out really rough. They were supposed to look like wings.

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index...29-columbia-w-rear-drop-out-extensions.92137/

Latest posts

Back