Lowco Liner (aka Sunday Best)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reproduction Roadmaster was pretty well done...
5D17443F-39B0-4B04-8CC5-6C560E559288.jpeg

...yours is definitely a '59 AMF'd CWC frame...
20210531_172811.jpg

Small update, went out to the stash shed to find the saddle for SB. While I was out there I stumbled on this gothic peaked fender
268BDC7D-7FCF-471B-9860-20314597AB12.jpeg

If you remember, the rear fender brace is notched for this type
CFAAD5F2-DDF4-46DA-A0E2-1A711C477DEC.jpeg
I don’t know if it’s a CWC fender, but the fit is pretty good
728337CF-D896-4E61-AB4B-45362305D1AE.jpeg
Was thinking it would have a chrome duck tail rear fender, guess that plan changed. Which is cool.
Since I’m going to have play ‘tire shuffle’ to free up the ones for this build, I went to one of our LBSs that sells Electra and ordered a set of whitewall Retrorunners for my 1956 Higgins resto-mod project. They should be in next week, which means, with a little motivation, I’ll secure tires for the SB. He hooked me up with another deal (not for this bike), that I’ll post on another thread (hint, they’re in the picture of the bell). I felt guilty (it was a cool deal), so I bought this micro bell.
3F2128B3-98F2-4418-858C-F9DFA62534E4.jpeg

My daughter is visiting for the weekend, so I’m not sure how much I’ll accomplish, but, stay tuned….

Used an Electra Retrorunner whitey tighty on the front for '53 Bel Airflow Shelby. Rides nice!

Those goth fenders are so cool!

yes-emo.gif

Smallest of updates, I made some changes to my Build Off bike from last year, the Humpster, one was swapping a straight seatpost for the laidback ChopShop unit. I think it will be a much better fit for the riding position I envision for this bike.
15FC0024-8DCE-4746-9A35-757AC295ADF3.jpeg
26A1E661-E22C-4E73-AB31-C8F9A40C9C59.jpeg

Gonna be a long week or two removing paint from the fork, wheels, fender next, but it’s starting to feel like I’m building a bike now

He hooked me up with another deal (not for this bike), that I’ll post on another thread (hint, they’re in the picture of the bell). I felt guilty (it was a cool deal), so I bought this micro bell.
Fat Franks!

was looking for something in the stash shed for Captain Awesome and found a seat clamp bolt, set of pedals and kickstand that will work nicely.
New stem and seat guts are coming today (per their tracking info), with exception of the wheelset and tires, I could have a fairly complete mock up soon-ish
C9CE0399-29D6-4AA7-8B99-383D10C516D9.jpeg

was looking for something in the stash shed for Captain Awesome and found a seat clamp bolt, set of pedals and kickstand that will work nicely.
New stem and seat guts are coming today (per their tracking info), with exception of the wheelset and tires, I could have a fairly complete mock up soon-ish
View attachment 196717
You're welcome? 🤷‍♂️🤣

I am REALLY wanting to see this bike finished.
Me too!
Here is the closest thing I can do for a mock-up currently. The front may be a little high and I may trim the stem to sit a little lower (it’s being stopped by the internal sleeve we added to extend the steer tube). But I think I like where it’s headed. It looks like it’s gonna be comfy.
EAB3477B-C7DB-4BBE-B474-5BEE4C9995BD.jpeg

Can't wait for the wheels, those bars give it a killer stance!

Watch your bar stash, Dr T. I can see the drool running out of kingfish's mouth from here!

Which bars are those, btw? I like the shape, and those grips rock! RaT oN~!

Watch your bar stash, Dr T. I can see the drool running out of kingfish's mouth from here!

He actually bought those from me. They came from a stash of motorcycle parts I got at a yard sale a few years back.

Some sort of 7/8” motorcycle bars, guess who I got them from?! No, @kingfish254, you can’t have them back! 🤣🤣🤣

The ChopShop post had a 7/8 mounting section that I couldn’t get the Electra seat rails to open up to accept.
04BF48AC-4C45-4EA9-9340-FEB8F680185A.jpeg

So, ground that section off, looks like it was pressed on? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyway, 10 minutes of throwing sparks later…..
7263B0F2-547F-4DC9-830E-DA1E366F1C8E.jpeg

93A89974-3FBD-430A-A1F9-FA37DCA7213D.jpeg

it won’t go any lower because there’s an old piece of seatpost stuck down in it, but it’s super sturdy, so I can always cut it if I need to.
That’s probably it for today y’all, build on!

Latest posts

Back