Supercharged Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks much better with a nanner that a regular seat. It just fits the vibe of the bike so much better.

Update 6-9-15
Changed out seat and bars / gooseneck.
2015-06-09%20update%202_zpsod1oxfuh.jpg

Took it on a test hop today and actually had a car stop me and said "nice bike":thumbsup:
2015-06-09%20update%201_zpshxav50bq.jpg

More comfortable for me to ride this sprung seat than the nanner which was HARD.:cry:
2015-06-09%20update%203_zps1yfrzrda.jpg

Thanks! Now I've got to add the "Gasser" details - Scoop, exhaust and tank.:dance2:

Looking for inspiration, found this cool video of drag racing - 1959 NHRA Nationals in Detroit...

Last edited:
How about Drag bars with metal flake grips [ like the gasser steering wheels ]:grin:

...big ol' headlight strapped between the fork legs down close to the front tire?...like on that hotrod dragster in the vid...

How about Drag bars with metal flake grips [ like the gasser steering wheels ]:grin:
...big ol' headlight strapped between the fork legs down close to the front tire?...like on that hotrod dragster in the vid...
Lots of good Ideas! Thanks. :)
Gotta dig around and see what I can scrounge.

I think it looks much better with a nanner that a regular seat. It just fits the vibe of the bike so much better.
Riding around last weekend and everybody says wheres the ape hangers? wheres the banana seat? So they are coming back!
Banana seat is well worn from the remains of a 1969 Roll fast Scoot.
seat8%20web_zpsrp3unuri.jpg

Pretty sad looking shape and almost no padding left.
Lucky for me it's a Troxel - the kind that comes apart with 2 steel tabs.

seat7%20web_zpshqr11b9h.jpg

Inner pan is even galvanized steel!
seat6%20web_zpsgkj2d7x2.jpg

Rummaging around in the garage I found the factory bench seat upholstery from a 1982 Chevy S-10 that I put buckets in many years ago. Awesome red velour tuck and roll!:banana:

material_zps9elbbueq.jpg

So a little spray contact cement and...
seat2%20web_zpspkzrqpq5.jpg

seat5%20web_zpswzw4enl8.jpg

Nice cushy seat for the gasser!:)

Riding around last weekend and everybody says wheres the ape hangers? wheres the banana seat? So they are coming back!
Banana seat is well worn from the remains of a 1969 Roll fast Scoot.
seat8%20web_zpsrp3unuri.jpg

Pretty sad looking shape and almost no padding left.
Lucky for me it's a Troxel - the kind that comes apart with 2 steel tabs.

seat7%20web_zpshqr11b9h.jpg

Inner pan is even galvanized steel!
seat6%20web_zpsgkj2d7x2.jpg

Rummaging around in the garage I found the factory bench seat upholstery from a 1982 Chevy S-10 that I put buckets in many years ago. Awesome red velour tuck and roll!:banana:

material_zps9elbbueq.jpg

So a little spray contact cement and...
seat2%20web_zpspkzrqpq5.jpg

seat5%20web_zpswzw4enl8.jpg

Nice cushy seat for the gasser!:)
I approve this message!!!

SEXY!
BOW CHICKA WOW WOW

No pic today but got sissy bar mounted - wasn't sure if all the thick upholstery would screw it up but no it just fit! Found these guys on youtube the other day and think they are cool. Rock Sugar - they do mash-ups of 80's heavy metal and pop lyrics - check em out.

Definitely should keep teh light

That headlight is PERFECT!!

One question though-given the current stance of your Gasser (which I love, mind you) are you worried about wheelies? Because if so, I don't think a set of wheelie parts would hurt your current look in the least...

Thanks!, It's getting there. Cant decide if I should paint ir "nice", Go for patina/rust or get rid of all the paint and "age" it with salt/vinegar....:39:

Latest posts

Back