Sweet Marie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember how I used ThundrrDad's tools and equipment. One day I disassembled his lawnmower. And then took off. Left it in pieces on the back deck, lawn unmowed, which was what I was supposed to be doing.
Using his jigsaw to cut bed rails and fence posts for sk8board coping completely burned out the motor. It's kinda funny, his tools didn't survive, but I still have (and use/cherish) his father's old steel B&D drill and saw.

Sweet Marie was taking some time to pamper herself. A hot soak with bubbles was just the thing to bring out her inner glow.
IMG_20220703_185118445.jpg

Things got a little bit relaxey and she dozed off and had a crazy dream. In it, everything was topsy turvey, up was down, left was right. She was different too.
IMG_20220703_192639491.jpg

IMG_20220703_192620885.jpg

When she woke up, the water was cold and she was a little bit frightened. Thankfully, everything was still where it belonged.
IMG_20220703_185112468.jpg

*Matti got in trouble for this one. Gotta remember that I'm not building it for me. Sweet Marie will NOT be flipped.

Sweet Marie was taking some time to pamper herself. A hot soak with bubbles was just the thing to bring out her inner glow.View attachment 199023
Things got a little bit relaxey and she dozed off and had a crazy dream. In it, everything was topsy turvey, up was down, left was right. She was different too.
View attachment 199024
View attachment 199022
When she woke up, the water was cold and she was a little bit frightened. Thankfully, everything was still where it belonged.View attachment 199021

*Matti got in trouble for this one. Gotta remember that I'm not building it for me. Sweet Marie will NOT be flipped.
Wait, did Sweet Marie got inspired by @Reallybigtim ? That looks good, upside down

Sweet Marie is becoming aware of her own special worth. She is deserving of love and respect exactly as she is. She would never allow herself to be turned around, to flip her life upside down, simply for the whims of another.

*I want to flip her, believe me. The dropouts are perfect for it, she looks so good layed out like that, but unfortunately, that isn't what this girl is about. Plus, it would require frame modification to switch bottom bracket and seatpost, beyond what is allowed in Class 1.
It is (might be) a family heirloom, the intended recipient was quite displeased with what I was suggesting, even in jest. Sorry folks, this one will be a basic rustoration.

How's Miss Marie doing?

*Matti has about three weeks of vacation planned between now and the deadline. This one might not happen, still haven't solved the tire dilemma. She wants everything original as possible, and these oddball Canadian sizes aren't making it easy. I might just slap together a build for the deadline, and build it to her wants afterwards

Oddball Canadian Tire size has always been an issue I always go with the schwinn s7 size a little fatter but the only thing kind of available but never cheap. If I give up the rims ( witch is actually cheaper most times.)

Latest posts

Back