Switchblade Score (Both done now!) :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a couple of pretty much brand new Nirve Switchblades today! One was even partially boxed up, had to build it up to get it on my car rack. I have always loved these bikes. Can't wait to start modifying them :) Guy said that they are 2005 models, but never used. LOVE THEM!

e243347d.jpg

0b9d2a09.jpg

f0b4352c.jpg

49211b18.jpg

0f1366b2.jpg

Re: Switchblade Score

RollinStyle said:
Sick bikes as is!

I know...right! At least I have two so I can keep one original and mess with the other one :)

PLEASE STOP GETTING ALL THE AWESOME CHOPPER BIKES. YOU ARE MAKING ME JELLY :*( SELL ME ONE

lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dvnport said:
PLEASE STOP GETTING ALL THE AWESOME CHOPPER BIKES. YOU ARE MAKING ME JELLY :*( SELL ME ONE

lol

LOL...I think like a lot of us, I buy them with every intent to sell, but after modding them and riding them I get kind of attached :) I'm a sucker for anything with wheels. I can just sit in the garage and stare at these things!

ED-PV said:
dvnport said:

lol

LOL...I think like a lot of us, I buy them with every intent to sell, but after modding them and riding them I get kind of attached :) I'm a sucker for anything with wheels. I can just sit in the garage and stare at these things!

LOL i have my good bikes in my 2nd basement. im even having my uncle put it air condition/heat vents leading into my 2nd basement they way my pride and joys are protected lol

switchblade said:
Wow man thats sweet. Plus they are twins. I been looking at Nirve Cannibal right now.

I have seen some Cannibals online...what's the difference between a Cannibal and Switchblade?

I wonder how wide a rear tire I can put on these bikes? ;)

Measure, Personally I would start with a wider wheel out back. :wink: That tire wont have a problem fitting it. Some gears would be good! The newewr versions have a multi speed rear hub and a disc brake up front. :mrgreen: Both of which really make this one better! One of my faves BTW. Where the heck are you anyway, you are scoring large! :shock:

Slick Rick said:
Measure, Personally I would start with a wider wheel out back. :wink: That tire wont have a problem fitting it. Some gears would be good! The newewr versions have a multi speed rear hub and a disc brake up front. :mrgreen: Both of which really make this one better! One of my faves BTW. Where the heck are you anyway, you are scoring large! :shock:

Hey Rick...I test fitted a 24x3 rim from one of the Phat bikes with a Fatti-O tire. Looks like I will need an offset rear sprocket for the chain to clear the wheel/tire, and chain lineup should still be good. This wheel did come factory drilled offset towards the sprocket side. I don't think this setup would work with a 3" rim that has normal centered spokes. I looked at what some others have done with this bike and they look SICK!! Will definitely have fun with these bikes :)

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

NICE! You just keep on playing with this stuff, I'll let you spend the money on R&D and I'll just reap the benefit! LOL :shock: But seriously, glad to see someone else push the boundaies! :mrgreen:

finally got around to putting the offset sprocket on the switchblade with the 3" wide rims. Works GREAT! Chain / Frame clearances are tight, but nothing touches. Had to put some spacers between the frame and the cog for the chain to clear the frame...maybe 4mm worth of spacers. I think this is the widest you can go with a switchblade :) Chain line is straight and everything is smooth.

3f545f5c.jpg

4ecc8719.jpg

6f7a2cdf.jpg

117f3de5.jpg

83b4c13e.jpg

5da5eed5.jpg

8d3ac154.jpg

41d7fc31.jpg

b6e8c91d.jpg

Latest posts

Back