Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to take on a tall bike build for awhile now.Chimichanga just got a welder and needs some welding time,so Im about to recruit him for this venture!But I need some ideas on different frame configurations and different frame sizes.So if your proud of them,post them up!!

Here are a few of my tall bikes.

100_7064.jpg

100_6519.jpg

100_5990.jpg

100_5733.jpg

100_5534.jpg

My first tall bike

100_2573.jpg

Here is mine! I am hooked I want to build more. Thinking of going really crazy and doing a fixed gear one.

DSCF2131.jpg

B

I built this bike 14 years ago, last Sept. I rode it to the Mackinac Bridge 303 miles. Its heavy with all the bells and horns, but I made it up all the hills.
crapo_edited-1.jpg

tallsnow.jpg

dal20.jpg

bigbrig.jpg

gotavan said:
I built this bike 14 years ago, last Sept. I rode it to the Mackinac Bridge 303 miles. Its heavy with all the bells and horns, but I made it up all the hills.
crapo_edited-1.jpg

WHAT!? people were buildin tallbikes 14 years ago? :shock: 8). or you built that bike 14 years ago then recently added UP? "Crapo" street? thats awesome! is that for real?

That's right, this is from an 1894 book..
aatallbike.jpg

tallbike.jpg

1995 I blew up 3 rear wheels over the years

I built my first Tallbike in 1964 when I was a 14 year old. It's a real piece of crap made out of an english Dunelt bicycle flipped upsidedown.

A basic one is easy to do, I built and was riding mine on the same weekend.
sawzall.gif
weld2.gif

lamplightertallbike.jpg

Latest posts

Back