Texas First Timer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first post to this(or any) forum. This is my third attempt at building me a Kool bike..The other 2 attempts were bought before completion because someone "just had to have that". Lol..So this is a 20in frame (or unknown to me maker). I bought it with the forks and apes already on it...I'm 6ft,so obviously the bike felt like I was trying to sit in a VW bug between 2 fat chic's ..It was Kool,just no wiggle room. Lol..so I'm thinking of welding the rear section of a 26in onto it. I just installed the "kustom" seat post today. It's a handlebar stem from a mtn bike that I cut up and flipped over to work for the seat...I have to run a 24in front wheel due to the small forks..I've got tons of ideas for this build. Lemme know what y'all think so far. Thanks in advance
IMG_20220812_215406_213.jpg
received_1767497236935875.jpeg
received_789592902045257.jpeg

Last edited:
Pictures make it easier for us to understand what you are working with.
Also, at 6 feet tall, have you considered a 26" wheeled bike? I'm 5'10" and I built this one up to fit like a glove*.
IMG_20220709_110844804.jpg

Still feels like a kid's toy when I ride it, and I can comfortably do miles and miles on it

*Lol a really tall glove, I'm not sure about the bars :21:

Welcome to the group. From what you're describing you've come to the right spot. While I'm admittedly no certified bicycle mechanic. I'm sure that there are some knowledgeable people on here who can assist in whatever comes up. I'd love to help as I've read over the description of the state of your bicycle, but I'm afraid that in this case I may be more of a visual person...But as far as I can gather that finished product is going to have one heck of a stance.

Latest posts

Back