That iPod guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....normally I spend quite a bit of time refurbishing iPods....yeah , iPods....However today on the way home I found 2 bikes being given away as the homeowner is moving...anyhow the one is a Rollfast Aerolight ( post 71 from my research on here) and the other is a pretty beat up Astro Flite, probably from the same 70s time frame....Just wanted to say I have already learned a decent amount from the forum and appreciate the acceptance. I will try to post a few pictures if that is allowed, for newbies....but probably tomorrow as it was pretty dark during the Astro Flite pic...anyhow , thanks again....ohhh....and my plans are simply to bring them back as true to their form as I can, affordably and let someone else enjoy them...

Welcome to the forum. I have one of the ipods with an fm radio. I listened to it at work and on bike rides and motor scooter rides but the rechargeable battery kicked the bucket. I guess it requires some reassembly and soldering to replace it.

Welcome to the forum. I have one of the ipods with an fm radio. I listened to it at work and on bike rides and motor scooter rides but the rechargeable battery kicked the bucket. I guess it requires some reassembly and soldering to replace it.
sounds like a nano....5th maybe...yeah, I don't mess with nanos or touches too much lately....they both require battery soldering and are a nightmare to open. I mainly deal with Classiscs 1-7 and minis, all have plug in batteries and hard drives that can be upgraded to flash with proper adapters....Really excited to get rolling on these bikes, not a $$ thing, just like to bring old things back to life...from what I've been researching , the Astro Flite is probably in need of missing parts, tank, racks over fenders etc...and looks like it was painted with a roller...or just a terrible job....I'll dig in a litter deeper tomorrow when I can locate the ser. # and grab better pics....Thanks

I'll start a new thread on this when I get moving on it, just want to post this ser# for any input, thanks....

Latest posts

Back