That Murphy can be a nuisance.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took on board some sage RRB wisdom recently when I read in a thread on here somewhere that the best way to align tyres with graphics on a wheel was to put the inflation recommendations next to the valve. 'Brilliant' I say. 'Of course!'

So when the 'Boss's' summer boots arrived by courier today I studiously aligned the '20psi min - 30psi max' lettering with the Schrader - front and back.

But then Murphy and his dang laws poked their nose in. It wasn't until I got down to the park on the shakedown and photo ride that I noted that I had aligned said instructions on opposite sides of the wheels. Doh! No symmetry on the prominent lettering.

DSC_8046.jpg

DSC_8061.jpg

Fortunately I didn't have to remove the front wheel to line it all up 'properly' - just had to deflate and rotate to line it all up.

IMG_4226.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the look of the Duros. And they roll 2-3 gears higher than the knobbies I had on it. Quietly. I do have some 26x4 full slicks as for it well - but as this is a wet weather rider I wanted some tread too.

Latest posts

Back