The Bad Apple

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was just looking through the shop for the next project when things just started jumping out at me a 26" muscle bike The Bad Apple. I'm getting started mocking up the bike today . Here is what I have found so far.
DSCF1748.JPG
DSCF1749.JPG
DSCF1751.JPG
DSCF1753.JPG

I found a brand new set of satin black fenders, new red grips, new red chain that didn't get used in past builds and a vintage Schwinn tandem crank and sprocket . I still need to repaint frame and chain guard , find guts for rear hub and reupholster the banana seat. Has anyone ever tried to make a comfortable banana seat ?
DSCF1765.JPG
DSCF1766.JPG
DSCF1767.JPG
DSCF1768.JPG
DSCF1769.JPG
DSCF1770.JPG
DSCF1771.JPG

DSCF1871.JPG
DSCF1873.JPG
DSCF1878.JPG
DSCF1879.JPG
Project Bad Apple is going again I got discouraged for a while because I could not seem to make a comfortable banana seat for long rides . Then my brother took a liking to the bike so I'm back at it just with a different seat . Here are some new pics going with a little different look less chrome more black suited more to my brother.

Those Jesse James chopper seats are pretty comfy, not a banana but they don't hurt.

I broke the Bad Apple project back out to get it ready for my brother for Tour De Fat Tempe next weekend it is finally ridable it been over a year since it was rolling still have some more custom work to do but my brother said it will have to wait for now do to shortage of funds so here is the finished product for now
DSCF2011.JPG
DSCF2020.JPG
DSCF2021.JPG
DSCF2025.JPG
DSCF2029.JPG
DSCF2030.JPG
DSCF2032.JPG
DSCF2033.JPG
DSCF2037.JPG
TO BE CONTINUED !!! :cool:

Latest posts

Back