* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Suicide Brakes DONE!!!)

Model A are about as easy to find as a barn full of old bicycles. The model A was made in the 1920s-30s and at the time was the best around.

Nothing much new, but I did order some cream schwinn grips. I'll get pics as soon as they come.

Anyone know anything about working with fiber glass....like materials, shaping,etc. I was thinking about making some fiber glass pieces for the bike but realized that's over my head. videos, pictures, anything would help.

Let me know

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Need help!!!)

you ever do paper mache?

follow the directions on the resin (i tend to mix in a little extra hardener)
treat it like paper mache.

btw, wheres this vid i heard mention of? :)

icyuod2 said:
btw, wheres this vid i heard mention of? :)

I had a little hold up on the brake...Big edds head weighs down the shifter rod and the spring woulnt return it...got to find a stronger spring, ill have it posted by monday or tuesdayor maybe even wednesday....whenever I get time:wink:

Its been kinda slow lately but I finally got all the parts I need to finish the bike, First I got my New Departure Model A hub I have been searching for. I'm re-lacing it into my rear wheel today. Next I got a set of cream Schwinn grips. Last I have two sprockets, one is a Spaceliner sprocket and the other is a skip tooth. If I use the Spaceliner sprocket I will have to grind off every other tooth. If I use the skip tooth I will have to spend a day out of my build just trying to get that thing as clean as I want it. By the way if you where wondering I returned my other skip tooth sprocket. It was too shiny for the bike considering everything else is bare metal.
100_3369.jpg

100_3373.jpg

100_3375.jpg

100_3376.jpg

100_3377.jpg

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Huge Parts Update June 20)

Take your skip tooth sprocket to a metal finishing place (or anywhere else with a media blaster). Five minutes and a couple bucks is well worth it for the time and effort it would take you to do it by hand.

ditto, get it blasted and satin clear coat it.

I had nothing else to do today so I just went at it with mineral spirits, a wire brush, and chrome polish...came out much better than I thought...
Double Nickle said:
100_3383.jpg

Double Nickle said:
I had nothing else to do today so I just went at it with mineral spirits, a wire brush, and chrome polish...came out much better than I thought...
100_3383.jpg
There 'ya go! :mrgreen:

wow! lookin good! nice an shiney!

So here is my problem, I got my ND laced into my rear wheel and i got my chain on but it wouldn't tighten with the drop outs I made. The slots don't go far enough back to get and tension. Also my chain is rubbing against my rear wheel. :?
100_3395.jpg

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(another problem :( )

sensor said:
slot the drop outs horizontally and dish the wheel....
well i had in mind that i was going to horizontally slot the drop outs but I'm not sure what you mean by dish the wheels.

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(another problem :( )

tighten one side and loosen the other side of the spokes to actually move the rim to one side or the other. :D

Latest posts

Back