πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok your living the sweet life in Italy....how much is a gallon of gas there?

With views like this and $8 train tickets, it doesn't matter what the taxi driver has to pay for gas. :D :D :D :D
Portofino, Italy

1652290765360.png

Aww the Goode olde DayZ yeah like to see that unkle stretch frame done up.
I be watching this one πŸ‘

Italy... Nice. Enjoy it

Just stunning. I never made it there on the trip as a backpacker in the early 90's but its somewhere I have to go. all the best.

My former boss has a place here and in Italy too. He's trying to get me to Italy, But I won't fly on a commercial plane anymore. That can happen if you hang around long enough, talking to aircraft mechanics. Statistically, it's very safe per mile traveled. but not one of those commercial machines flying is perfect. They just have to be good enough on paper.

I'm a Delta Million Plus Miler and our hobby is world travel, so I'll keep taking my chances.

That's awesome ! Hey ever check out Albania yet?
Right across the water from Italy and right up above Greece.

( Big green smile)

We haven't hit Albania and about 3 of the Balkans left to see, but we have pretty much done most of the rest of Eastern Europe. I think we are up to 75 countries now.

(OT as per usual...) I never made it to any mileage club. I quit way back when.
I used to fly on business in the 70's~early 80's, and I also took my wife around the country to see our relatives. Then they made me the "west coast guy" and I got so sick of airports and goofy schedules.

In 1984 they wanted me to fly back and forth CA to Atlanta. I dodged that bullet by transferring to "prototype and testing". Design work was OK, but I was a programmer, and I really didn't want to be a "sales engineer" in a business suit.

Then one day on a short hop from FYI to SFO I was late, and I had to sit right behind the cockpit on a small twin turbo-prop. I saw the mechanic hand a clipboard to the pilot. He leaned in and said, "I still don't like that fuel line, but I'm gonna sign you off anyway..."

The pilot signed off, we took off, and I spent 35 minutes looking off at the engines to see which one was going to catch fire and fall off! I rented a Towncar from Hertz and took the scenic route back to Visalia.

Since then I have only been up in sportplane clubs, where I got to know the craft, mechanics, and pilots personally.

Even so we had a mayday once over Lake Perris, and limped in to March AFB on 3 cyls with a fuel leak & cracked injector line. Guys from the flying club helped us weld it the next day, and we flew back out. Sniffing for gas the whole way back.

MarchAFB 081.jpg
That's me in the hat.
MarchAFB 083.jpg
When my flying buddies each lost their medical tickets to diabetes, the Bellanca went bye-bye and I quit flying forever. It was fun, and as the son of an airman I always wanted to fly. But, hey . . . quit while yer ahead! ;)

It must be about 18:00 in Italy right now so time for a nightcap! Here it is nine am and I’m starting to look at my welding project.

Here’s a lovely view of my junkyard LOL
image.jpg
Seriously, I’d like to be vacationing on the Mediterranean right now as well, even though the weather here in Clovis is just as perfect.

Here is the view I had today on a boatride to Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy.

1652458509018.jpeg

It must be about 18:00 in Italy right now so time for a nightcap! Here it is nine am and I’m starting to look at my welding project.

Here’s a lovely view of my junkyard LOL
View attachment 193284
Seriously, I’d like to be vacationing on the Mediterranean right now as well, even though the weather here in Clovis is just as perfect.
What year is the Scout? Early '70s?

Here is the view I had today on a boatride to Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy.

View attachment 193285
Barb's been to Italy twice, and my boys have been there, and one of the grand girls for a semester abroad. But nobody has taken any better photos than what I see from you, KF!

You must know 'all the good spots'.

All I can say is, "Primo"!

Latest posts

Back