THE BUDDHA BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pictures with the side panels tacked in. As you can see in the pictures I use the bead roller to put a step around the edge which makes the panels sit flush with the side of the bike. It also makes it a lot easier to weld. I'm anxious to get the front end on it and see what it will actually look like.

IMGP3269.jpg

IMGP3270.jpg

IMGP3271.jpg

IMGP3272.jpg

IMGP3273.jpg

IMGP3276.jpg

That is one mean looking frame :!:

i wonder what the fork is going to look like :shock:

verry nice creation :!: :!: :!:

new years resolutions....
1. get bigger garage...
2. buy more cool tools (bead roller!)

very cool build! Love the look. I need to get some different dies turned for my roller so I can start making bikes that don't have round tubing. oh there it is!

3. buy a lathe! :D

aluminum is harder to weld, i do believe. need special wire an such, but a good idea. love the bike!

I finally got back to working on the bike Wednesday. For some reason everything is taking forever to design and build. I did get the seat mounted and I'm now working on the bars. I'll try and take a picture after I get the bars figured out. I am excited to say that the reason for the two week delay (other than the holidays) was that the farm bought some new shop equipment. We bought a small 10x21 lathe, a benchtop mill/drill, and a band saw that swivels to cut miters. It took a lot of time to clean the cosmoline off and get everything set up, but these tools will come in handy for the bike building.

I love the back, but the neck looks out of place... just my $.o2. It is sweet though, especially the vents.

I finally got some work done on the bike. I decided to split and lengthen the bars. This took awhile as I had to make the brackets to hold the bars to the fork tubes. The seat is an antique two pan type. I chose it because it looked easy to upholster. It will probably be covered in natural leather with some gel material under the important parts. I decided to add a fender to the front wheel. I feel that this tied it together with the rest of the bike. The headlight is off an old tractor cab and will be coverted to LED's and batteries. Tomorrow I'll tear it down and start welding and grinding. After that I can lace it up and finish the fabrication. I'm hoping to machine a stick shifter to operate the eight speed rear end. I'll try and mount it on the frames hub.

This is a piece I lathed to extend the bars.
IMGP3304.jpg

Here is the bar with the extension.
IMGP3307.jpg

IMGP3308.jpg

IMGP3310.jpg

In this picture you can see the bar end thumb actuated brake levers. I liked the idea of these because the cable will run through the bars.
IMGP3311.jpg

Wow i dont know what to say man, but that just looks cool. Really diggin the brake cable idea. Will the back brake cable run under the frame so you cant see it?

Latest posts

Back