The Cherry Bomber Bobber Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK , I think I've decided on a frame to use and a direction :roll: But , I reserve the right to completely change my mind . :shock: :p These are the losers in the frame battle . A sweet Evans , I've been wanting to build one since I saw what texasbigjohn did with my old one . I just got this last week and was convinced that it would be my RRBBO bike
100_0204.jpg

Re: Hawthorne Lows

Glad to see ya entering :wink: Good luck :D

Re: Hawthorne Lows (name temporary )

Nice parts! :D I like the fork 8)

That fork is a vote winner! I've got my eyes on it and whatever it attaches to. :shock:

great looking stuff as usual,jeff! :D really wished you would have gone with that evans frame though. im pretty sure you could stuff a 4" wide tire into the rear of that frame,without any mods. looking forward to your build this year,buddy! 8)

Thanx for the positive comments . I've had the fork on a couple different frames , but it never found a home , it seems to flow well with the Snyder , it's an inch longer from the BB to the neck than the Evans . Also I want to use the 5 speed & have a twin tube stick shifter coming . The Evans will get built eventually , maybe with a Surley Black Floyd . But for this build . I'm going more traditional Hot Rod :!:

An all day rain killed my plans to strip the frame . That'll have to wait till next weekend .
100_0213.jpg
not much else got done , spent the rest of the weekend working on other projects , like this killer 3 speed coaster w/ skiptooth & heavy duty spokes for VoyagerAl
100_0207.jpg
and this seat & post for my Silver King
100_0210.jpg
100_0212.jpg
the seat is made up from parts of 5 different seats , with some comfy padding added & covered with an old jacket , along with a reflector made from some old sign cateyes and a piece of aluminum

no good news , nothing is going as planned :( I had a whole different build in mind , till I traded for the 5 speed hub , then I decided to use the disc up front , to keep a modern setup @ both ends . But , the shifter I got does not fit the spacing of my twin tubes . Also , the rear stays are too narrow for the hub :roll: Looks like I may be using my frame change card :p

Sorry to hear the plans had kinks. I'm sure you'll sort out new ones.
If it was easy, everybody would do it, right? :lol:
That's one crazy fork! Looking forward to see what's next...

Re: EvansRod ????? (frame change coming)

Love the direction of this build.
Great minds think alike! My 5 speed shifter is going in about the same location on my FlexLiner 7.

Latest posts

Back