The Dynar...Dragonfly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good tale, well told! Any a very cool ride!
What kind of stem did you use?; it fits the 1 1/8" then holds what, 1" handle bar or 'swell'.? My Dyno Deuce stem is 1 1/8 but caps at a 7/8" like a motorcycle bar, which really cuts my options from my bar collection.
Im also curious what your head tube measured at max that the Felt fork was close to a no go. Ive thought about this for mine too but sure dont want any fit trouble. Maybe GT Dynos use the same head as yours....

Thanks for the kind words. I got the stem from a lbs several years ago when I first changed out the bars. I don't know who made it- there's no brand on the thing. It worked with the ape hangers that had the 1 1/4" swell in the center of the bars. I had to buy a set of shims for the new handlebars. Fortunately La Habra Cyclery had the shims. The steer tube on the Felt fork extends up about an inch from the bracket that holds the fork springs. The stem has two bolts. The steer tube reaches not quite all the way to the second bolt on the stem. I'd maybe be concerned if I were trying to play downhill mountain bike, or do BMX stunt riding. As it is, I have no such concerns.

JWM

Latest posts

Back