THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/21 stacks, stripes, video of bells

The bell setup is cool!
I expected them on top mimicking 'the other' traditonal airfilters though... Nice to see (and hear) it work in a video. You have one awesomebike! If there is one that deserves te be called a ratrod, yours is it! (traditional hotrod inspired, lot's of homebuild parts, ingenuity, style, and definately a big funfactor.)

awesome! very nicely done! think you could lay some lines on my bike? your a builder. :wink:

that's it!! now I'm going to have to put a small block V-8 in my bike! what does a guy have to do to keep up with you crazy people?

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/21 stacks, stripes, basicly DONE

karfer67 said:
LR073.jpg

LR072.jpg

LR070.jpg
looks like you might have a bad gasket or maybe the heads cracked :p
looks good and glad to see ya got the bugs worked out :mrgreen:

thanks sensor yea one of the pics i took while i was smoking (the one with the smoke over the carbs) and i thought it was cool so thought i would play around with it a bit in a few other photos for fun. 37fleetwood your fine you worry too much but i wanted this bike to be a cross between rat (with the rust) and a traditional style rod (with the dual carbs mounted inline with the slash cut stacks. i did not just want this bike to be black with red wheels that is why i got excited when i saw that the wheels frank gave me were maroon in color so i ran with the black and maroon thinking it would look more traditional. herr_rudolf i had played around with mounting the bells like you mention but when i first thought of the idea of turning dual carbs into bells i thought it would be even cooler to hide the bells on the back side of each carb so when viewed from the drive side it would just look like a set of carbs was stuck on a bike until i make em ring. cman thanks for the comments and i did find a cool old grip shifter for a sturmy 3 spd that might work we will see i am going to try and get it done tomorrow at the shop. Skipton thanks i am glad u dig it and yes my friend she is very very real :mrgreen:

for the record......
im glad you ended up with this..just so i could see her done up right :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hands down, one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen!!!

and sensor thanks for hooking me up this whole thing would have not happened otherwise.

ebay722006.jpg

ebay722005.jpg

ok so by popular demand the carb/bells are now made work by a vintage surmy archer 3 speed grip shift. getting that old schwinn grip over the twist part was a load of fun lol but i finally got it. the rear mount is part of a schwinn varsity and locates the cable to run the wire to the rear carb. also a video of it all working WHEW i am tired

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/22 "throtle" hooked up w/ video :)

nice work. Good choice on the Schwinn Grip.

the chubby looks swollen. :mrgreen:

I thought the carbs were kinda lame until I saw the full function of them, and I have to say, now I'm a fan. that's gotta be the craziest bicycle bell ever.

on a related note, how close are those stacks to your throat while you ride?

the stacks dont come as close as you would think. it all ended up working quite well and when your sitting on it you are looking right at both carbs and then down over the fork it is cool

That bell set up is over the top...nice work Adam. :wink:

Latest posts

Back