The General Lee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Couple more pics from 8/2.
final11_zps8xfdyzqt.jpg~original

final10_zpszeqcqdsk.jpg~original

This was a lot of fun. Thank you all so much.

I might have to do something a little more ambitious next year but it was great to be part of BOTEN and see all the great ideas and creations going on.

This would have never been my first choice as a theme but my son was so excited to have me make him a General Lee bike I had to do it. We used his 1976 Schwinn Scrambler as a starting point. More of a restoration than an actual build but we like how it turned out.

basket_zps7pxi88cg.jpg~original

Here she is.

done11_zpsd0ad20pj.jpg~original

done14_zpsknbzhl8b.jpg~original

done12_zpsokisubn0.jpg~original

done17_zpsdo9w9hup.jpg~original

jump1_zpspxk5ncvp.jpg~original

done9_zpswmo4slda.jpg~original

done10_zpshgty4itx.jpg~original

Last edited:
Fantastic, fantastic video. Hope the boy continues to hang around the shop, you two put out nice work! I love the pic of him landing on the fork. Reminds me of the off-kilter camera angles from the jumps in the show

Welcome to the Finished build thread! Nice work and a great theme / dual purpose build; fun for you and your son! Sound the horn....

Too cute. A great build with a excellent theme. Who doesn't like the Dukes of Hazzards.
Go 01 !!!

You know I like this build,wish I could figure out a way to put a Dixie horn on it.

Great bike and I like the fact you put a banana seat on it too. He will remember that when he's our age . There was a lot more going on there then building a general lee theme bike . You guys were building a bond & memories that with last a lot longer then that bike .
Love the bike , & the theme !
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji605]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much.

Man, all that in 1 post.:crazy:
Really dig;this build.:thumbsup:
Enjoyed following.:bigboss:

Enjoyed having you along for the ride..:thumbsup:

You know I like this build,wish I could figure out a way to put a Dixie horn on it.

There were some guys on a mtb forum talking about that and someone suggested some type of digital recording. Might be doable that way. About all I could find on the Dixie bike horn.

Great bike and I like the fact you put a banana seat on it too. He will remember that when he's our age . There was a lot more going on there then building a general lee theme bike . You guys were building a bond & memories that with last a lot longer then that bike .
Love the bike , & the theme !

It was a lot of fun to do with him that's for sure. He finally got his dream bike he'd been talking about for so long.

The seat and sissy bar are original equipment on the '76 Scrambler. We both have bikes planned for the MBBO coming up. Getting hard to build a bike and not build him one too...lucky kid..:p

Awesome :rockout:

That is a great video, thanks for sharing, and your boy is having the time of his life.

Latest posts

Back