The Gooch!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in.I'll be using this frame.No plan yet,But this will be my beater.Sick of lugging bikes up from the basement.I got it for $10.think it's a schwinn but not sure.#KC87101 on rear dropout.
150.jpg

Super excited for my first build off.I can't leave bikes lying around without messing with them so I got this frame and didn't find anything for it so I'd have it for RRBBO4.Pics will get better,I wanted to get one before dark.Good luck to all and have fun. :mrgreen:

( 1967 )
JANUARY, ---------------------------- AC*****
FEBRUARY, -------------------------- BC*****
MARCH, ------------------------------- CC*****
APRIL, --------------------------------- DC*****
MAY, ----------------------------------- EC*****
JUNE, ---------------------------------- FC*****
JULY, ---------------------------------- GC*****
AUGUST, ----------------------------- HC*****
SEPTEMBER, ------------------------- JC*****
OCTOBER, --------------------------- KC*****
NOVEMBER, ------------------------- LC*****
DECEMBER, ------------------------- MC*****

xddorox said:
How many layers of paint on that fork? Looks pretty cool. :)
At least 4.That thing came on my higgins and there is a stem stuck in it.Won't be using it on The Gooch.

Got it stripped down today and started looking for parts.Turns out it was cast from stolen lunch money. :D
gooch001.jpg

Got some parts together this week,and since The Gooch is a bully they need to be big and tuff :x .I got out of work early today and decided to do a quick mock.

All my stuff is 26" so KZ1000 came through big with a 24" hook up.Thanks again KZ.
gooch2005.jpg

Then you gotta make em big.
gooch2002.jpg

I found this sprocket on an stationary bike.It has a brass anodized finish and short crank that's welded right to it.I'm going to do a Loco_Joe chop after the build off so the short crank will come in handy.Also picked up a beefy chain but need another to make it around.
gooch2006.jpg

I have a plan and most of what I need.Need to figure out the seat and fork/springer.
gooch2009.jpg

HotRodRob said:
Where did you get that tire that says Buick on it .....thats cool!!
that's "BRICK"

Got my bars this week :mrgreen: .Of course big apes(get it? :wink: ).I've also had this tank for awhile and am going to make it work on here.Installed kickstand,pressed in bb cups and picked up all the essentials to make it rideable.I need to true the wheels so the bricks don't rub and figure out how to get my mega chain apart without wrecking it (doesn't fit in my chain breaker).Not sure about seat and fork yet.
043.jpg

044-2.jpg

Thanks guys.Rims are great KZ.I tend to get things looking the way I want before sweating making it rideable.I went a different route with this one because of the deadline and the fact I only had a frame.I have simple ideas to set it off and since its ridable I have until the end to expand on them (i.e. finding cool accesories like lights).Seat and fork are the real undecided elements.Thanks for the comments guys and keep up the sweet work. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back