The Gooch!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Boris.I took the rear rim apart and painted it the closest thing I had to brass lying around.
035-3.jpg

I wanted to find some thing to make brass grills for my tank but couldn't find anything handy,sooooooo...my wife found these tins at the dollar store with a copperish finish on the out side and brass look inside.
029.jpg

Also got these beefy brass screws an fancy washers.
032-1.jpg

Cut up one of the tins tonight after work to get a quick mock.Used a hole punch to turn the tins into grills.This is a mock up.Have to use a little more patience this week end.
034-3.jpg

I was suprised I got anything done this action packed weekend, so I'm real excited for this weekend were I've got nothing to do.

i dig what you did to the tank. i love using brass screws on a ratty build gives it an old world look

karfer67 said:
i dig what you did to the tank. i love using brass screws on a ratty build gives it an old world look
Thanks Karfer.The contrast is awesome.The screws are oversized like every thing else.1/4 20
herr_rudolf said:
take your time on the grill-insert and it'll look fine. You can see that allready in this mock-up. More brass hardware please! It looks great on your bike. I love the the contours of that racey seat ...but, does this one used to be upholstered with some sort of material?
I've got plenty material for the grill just didn't have the time.Wanted to check it out before doing something crazy like measuring :) .The seat isn't a carbon race seat but it looks just like one.It was a ratty MTB seat and I tore the cushion off the plastic base :wink: .
FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS said:
GET IT TOGETHER MAN..... You can't tell it's a schwinn from just how it look's? Anyway....Good $10 score!
I figured it was but I'm no expert.I did know it was worth $10,and my boys here would set me straight 8) .Thanks for the props. :mrgreen:

Man I gotta stop riding this thing and get it done.I whipped this thing all weekend.My 13 year old daughter's band played the forth here in town and I brought the Gooch to help out with sound check and gophering.I didn't expect the response,I should have charged to sit on it.Camera broke with all the detail shots but people sent me some picks from there phones.

I painted the front rim,added brass drawer pulls for bars ends,brass wing nuts to the frant axel,and pegs for picking up chicks.I'll have pics this week.
I have an idea for a trick drive train.Hopefully I can pull it off.

The bikes this year are great.I can't narrow down my favs.I'm getting excited for the final result. :mrgreen:

5856_1173621176635_1111215089_52627.jpg

Re: The Gooch!!! DONE

013.jpg

014.jpg

I didn't get to invest as much time into this build as I would like to have, but made sure I got far enough to call it finished.My camera broke on the 4th of july so I didn't document as much as usual.
011-3.jpg

I re-did the grills and added a Schwinn exercise bike sprocket.Filled the holes with 1/4-20 brass screws to match the tank screws.The drivetrain isn't finished but the ratio it has now isn't as harsh as I thought it would be.
025-2.jpg

I probably would have got alot more done if I didn't like riding it so much, but o well.I plan on chopping the frame a little getting the drivetrain the way I want it.I also have a few accessories that didn't make it to me in time so you'll be seeing more of The Gooch.

Thanks Herr.The apes are a departure for me too,but I must say I love riding this thing.I seldome have a plan going into a bike and I had no ideas for this one, I got the frame super cheap and saved it for the build off.I really just wanted a beater and that's were the bully idea came from.I just found parts that were big and tried to make each one look stolen from something.

Thanks to everyone who I didn't get to thank in finished bikes and for who ever voted for me.My main goal was to finish so the recognition is nice.

This was my first build off and I can't belive how fast it goes.Alot of killer bikes came to life in a short period of time.Great job to all. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back