The Goose - late swap to the INTERCEPTOR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to have to call this one. Not going to make the deadline this time. Despite not having a full time job for some time, had plenty of work and now have a permanent role.

Class 1 build is still happening.

Don’t think this one is going to get finished. Despite not having a permanent job for the last 6 months (by choice) I’ve been working plenty and not finding time for building. Now I’ve started permanent work there’s even less chance.

Still going in class 1 though.

Sorry to hear this HnP. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Looking forward to your Class 1 build crossing the Finished Line!

Stash your ideas and parts aside for the next build off.

The Goose is cooked, but my Class one build plans changed and I ended up with a 'prop' bike, which I figured can go into Class 2. This frame was swapped out when the MFP Pursuit battery wasn't going to fit.
Original frame.
View attachment 94700
I hacked off the cantilever bars to fit the battery, so it's a frame mod. In terms of customising the frame it isnt anywhere near the skills of the other bikes in Class 2, but it'll get a photo or two and is a reason to race tot the finish line and not park it in the back of the shed and never finish.
Some paint and mounted a battery using nutserts in the frame. I tested the drive without brakes or pedals which was a bit of a hair raiser.
View attachment 102590

Getting there. Had to move the battery back a bit to fit the controller in the front. Will cover and tidy it.
BA8EE93E-7EA0-40E3-96F3-3577FE469B87.jpeg

Added the chain guard and vinyl tags.
7269BC18-A1F5-49ED-9977-F10D3A5DC453.jpeg

Still a bit untidy. Rideable, but doesn’t have a shifter mounted for the 3spd hub.
071B8B4D-7463-43B9-9584-AB6788E5A6FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Love this build. Great look to it!

Coincidentally, I have a frame just like that but with the cantilevers still intact. So we have two of the same frames.
Came with a 2-stroke that just didn't look right with the cheap tank. So had planned on putting that engine in another bike.

Would love to chop the canti's and build an e-bike.

Latest posts

Back