The Graverobber: Complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Scratch the paint can in the last pic...found a better battery box!
5e6e7a3e.jpg

It's always cool to see a lightning round build!!!!
I'm digging the geometry you came up with for this build!!!
Build on brother!

It is just after 1:30am here...it's finished!
This bike kicked my butt... I'm sure the timeframe I gave myself to do it had no part in that! Lol
This is what I would consider the embodiment of a "rat rod"...mostly junkyard (graveyard) parts coming together to make a beast of a machine...no paint, visible welds, and crazy geometry.
Is it the finest bike ever built? Absolutely not!
Is it a comfort cruiser? Heck-to-the-no! (It is interesting though)
Is it innovative? I think so. You will not see another one like it!
I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I kind of am too...10 days....I guess technically 11 now. Yay me! Lol

Tonight's list of accomplishments:
Cut the headlight apart and added LEDs
Fitted the chain guard
Wrapped the forks with elastic bandages
Ground some welds
Installed the chain
Wired the lights
Mounted battery box
Cut kickstand
Mounted military bunker shovel
Handlebar grips
Maiden voyage

Pics to follow (teasers only) :D

Sir. I must commend you on this bike. The Jake would ride this all day!! Epic

I´m with Jake here, Epic bike.
I would change just a couple of things and I would ride it to the ground. Love it!!!

Man! I'm flattered with all of the positive feedback on this one!! I'm SO tired right now.

I forgot to show the wiring. I used copper jeweler's wire to hold the wire to the frame...I just thought it would look cooler than zip ties or clamps. Maybe I'll get a pic of it, maybe not. lol

Thanks everyone!

I´m with Jake here, Epic bike.
I would change just a couple of things and I would ride it to the ground. Love it!!!
Thanks!
Maybe some more air in the rear tire?? lol. It's not flat, it's just picky. That tire likes fresh air, none of this day old crap! lol

Yes air, :)
Try some apes, just for fun and see how it looks. :113:
I know that would look good too, but it's just not the look I wanted for this one...she told me she wanted old style bars...they all talk to me you know ;)
These came off an old Columbia, keep it low and sleek. It's quite a mash-up of styles

I really like the lines on that! But theres something about the chain guard, maybe if it was lengthened out more or removed ?

All it needs is a tank and me riding it. Hahaha

Very cool bike. I am really surprised how well the frame turned out especially considering what you started with. The whole thing works.

Latest posts

Back