The Great (Haro) Escape

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave her a good scrub today with dish soap and water rinse.
Used this Ice spray auto wax.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T...ax+ice+synthetic+polish&qid=1653780594&sr=8-2
Dries clear not white, looks good.
View attachment 194983View attachment 194984
81rC4oL-IKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Wow, that made it bling nice.

The grips look the part and sounds like they fit the bill too. Double cliche' sentence = high compliment! :113:

For more high frequency bump absorption, you could skim off about 5 - 10 psi off the tires, depending on your mass and how rough your terrain is of course. BITD we thought high tire pressure meant max performance. Once you lower the pressure in your tires a bit, or go tubeless if that's an option, you'll never look back!

@Karate Chicken Industries , @OddJob ,
Maybe some of the blame may be to quality, air pressure in the tires.
My mass usually insures I ride as much psi as recomended on tire sidewall. :)
If push comes to shove I have some creme Schwalbe tires with higher psi. Our roads get lots of truck and farm equipment traffic and sometimes I feel wierd vibrations in the car so maybe not compatable!

Did a little more tweeking of rear wheel spokes and took a 6 mi ride. Rides very well. Shifts great, no rattles or wierd noises!
A couple good hills on the loop was able to take them in 3rd pretty easy. The vibration only shows itself on the same stretch of blacktop - so it is the road.

Corduroy roads. It is a thing around here too. I've noticed it on the hardpack that remains when the gravel is pushed away to the sides.
It's on a long downhill 45 to 25 mph ends with a ROUGH railroad crossing and sharp right turn at the bottom. Maybe all the vehicles hitting brakes at the same spot? Wierd how it affects some bike/tire combos more than others...

I guess I better get ta building. Just got kinda stuck. Wondering if I should keep the rack, maybe paint it flat black or matte paint/
Also maybe a Haro logo on the rack and ditch the seat bag. Just needs - something.

TICK TOCK
Cross the finish line in 2 weeks!

love the build, im currently doing a haro escape , a7.1 v bar. . stripped it to bare frame , polished it up like a mirror . adding bling and new decals , changed the wheels and drive train. going with new set of marzocchi all mountain 2. raise the front a little . will add some pics soon..

Latest posts

Back