RRBBO13 The Grey Goose " Finished "

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My seat showed up. It's a german seat. Pretty sure a Lohmann. The hardware didn't go with it and was wired in place. Think I found another one with the parts I need.
d8384d7ed4160b7aab1d196fb91a57a8.jpg
19dad4d1095bc227b0b0f6f623f8eefd.jpg

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Never fails that the stuff I like always has some hard to find parts. Didn't realize the Jetflow has a slightly oversized head tube so the new headset I bought doesn't fit. I think I found one on ebay. The good news is it's been blasted . I little work and I can paint it. Thinking a metallic silver for the frame.

Yeah, I've run across that headset issue before. 1" is not always 1".

In my case I purchased some copper sheets at Ace Hardware and made a shim for the inside of the head tube. Worked pretty well. The sheets come in like 4" x 12" and in 3-4 different thicknesses. It took some hand shaping and rolling, but the copper is malleable enough to work with your hands.

Not sure if this is related but @SSG told me some of these frames have funky euro bottom brackets as well. Might want to double check that as well.
As far as I can tell I'll be ok with the bb. Looks like the one out of my Ross parts bike will fit.

The new parts :
Ape hangers 19"
Grips
Springer forks
Bear trap pedals
Grey 26" x 2.125 tires
Black wheels
Chain

Vintage parts :
JC Higgins frame
Ross crank and snowflake gear
Ross bottom bracket
Bmx stem
Headset
Lohmann seat
Hiawatha seat post clamp
Starliner seat post
Starliner rear rack

Still need a kickstand and maybe a headlight.

Latest posts

Back