The Hot Rod Higgins - New pics page 4

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Reaction score
Re: The Hot Rod Higgins

Awesome cake man!!! That is too cool!!

Reaction score

Ok, since this is the final weekend, I thought I would post a few more pics of the Hot Rod. These were taken at a local race shop. I had a blast working on this bike. I learned a lot and I pushed the boundaries of my “skills”. Flat out, this is the best I could do. Regardless of votes, I feel like I already "won". Before the contest started, I had a box of rusty parts. Now I have the bike I wanted and I had fun in the process. That is a heck of a "prize" if you think about it. Congrats to all you guys!

Anyway, on to the pics

hhhiggins20.jpg

hhhiggins22.jpg

hhhiggins23.jpg

hhhiggins24.jpg

hhhiggins25.jpg

Reaction score
switchblade said:
Great job. Love this bike

Thanks man....I have to say, I love riding it. Gets a lot of attention for sure. It was a blast to build. RRBBOs are my favorite time of the year. I can't believe it is almost over already!

Reaction score

My bike actually got it's 50th vote today. That is totally unreal to me that so many people voted for the Higgins. I mean my goal was 5-10 votes. Finishing in the top 10 would be the coolest thing ever. Seriously, thanks to everyone who voted for my bike. I appreciate the support. Now granted I am still over 50 votes behind MoFaux! :lol: :lol:

kingfish254

Reaction score
CONGRATS on second place buddy!!
You already know that this was a favorite of mine early on. It's one of those bikes that every one would love to have and ride!!!!
What a great build to follow!!!
Pure class!!!
BRAVO!!!

Reaction score
Thanks man...I've had a blast. HRH is a fun bike for sure. I am planning to start a new build this weekend. While I was working on HRH, I had a few ideas on different directions to go, so I think I'll "expand" on the Higgins with this new bike and see where it takes me.

kingfish254

Reaction score
These Kenny valve caps will be headed your way soon. I promised them from the BO7 Prize Pot to 2nd Place.

WP_000950.jpg

Reaction score
kingfish254 said:
These Kenny valve caps will be headed your way soon. I promised them from the BO7 Prize Pot to 2nd Place.

WP_000950.jpg

Check out the colors...blue base, orange clothes, green stuffed animal....those are the colors of my pinstriping on the Higgins. That's just freaky... :shock:

kingfish254

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. They look pretty cool on too.

You can see a pair of the red base ones on Fugsley in this shot.

DSCN1510.jpg

Reaction score

Terry66 said:
Ok, since this is the final weekend, I thought I would post a few more pics of the Hot Rod. These were taken at a local race shop. I had a blast working on this bike. I learned a lot and I pushed the boundaries of my “skills”. Flat out, this is the best I could do. Regardless of votes, I feel like I already "won". Before the contest started, I had a box of rusty parts. Now I have the bike I wanted and I had fun in the process. That is a heck of a "prize" if you think about it. Congrats to all you guys!

Anyway, on to the pics

hhhiggins20.jpg

hhhiggins22.jpg

hhhiggins23.jpg

hhhiggins24.jpg

hhhiggins25.jpg

I LOVE THIS BIKE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH - WHAT AN AMAZING JOB!

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I totally appreciate the nice words. I'm glad people enjoy the bike. It was a killer experience being in the buildoff with such cool and talented builders. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned from everyone!

Reaction score
kustomkulturebabe said:
Such a sick ride, one of my favs on here! And i love the lettering and colors chosen, looks so good

Thanks! I am still in bike building hangover after this one. I've been tinkering around on a couple of things, but just haven't been motivated to start another build.

I've been riding the Higgins and taking it to shows/rides. It's a fun bike and gets lots of attention....but our days together are numbered. I have a few more shows I want take it to and then I'll probably sell/trade it after the first of the year and gear up for RRBBO8. I'm only looking to improve by ONE spot next year! :lol:

Reaction score
Terry66 said:
kustomkulturebabe said:
Such a sick ride, one of my favs on here! And i love the lettering and colors chosen, looks so good

Thanks! I am still in bike building hangover after this one. I've been tinkering around on a couple of things, but just haven't been motivated to start another build.

I've been riding the Higgins and taking it to shows/rides. It's a fun bike and gets lots of attention....but our days together are numbered. I have a few more shows I want take it to and then I'll probably sell/trade it after the first of the year and gear up for RRBBO8. I'm only looking to improve by ONE spot next year! :lol:

Let me know when that comes.

Reaction score
Terry66 said:
kustomkulturebabe said:
I'll probably sell/trade it after the first of the year and gear up for RRBBO8. I'm only looking to improve by ONE spot next year! :lol:

2nd. PM me when you are ready to move this beauty.:grin:

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

kingfish254

Reaction score