The Hot Rod Higgins - New pics page 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hot Rod Higgins

Love this bike also graphics are superb. To my step-grandkids i am "Grumpy" also. Great bike could be worth my vote.

bike2112 said:
Phenominal bike. Love the Hot Rod Higgins Logo picture.

Thanks man! That is one of my favorite shots of the bike….it is the wallpaper on my phone!

EastOfEastLos said:
What can I say man, beautiful bike. The muscular look on these bikes rocks.

Thanks! There is a ton of these low slung 24X3 bikes in the buildoff this year. I think they have a mean stance. I haven't see one that I didn't like! :mrgreen: I think I’m going even fatter with a winter project I have in mind.

MazdaFlyer said:
Love this bike also graphics are superb. To my step-grandkids i am "Grumpy" also. Great bike could be worth my vote.

That’s funny….I was “Grumpy” around the house for years…now my son has a 2 and a 3 year old….he has taken over the Grumpy title…I am just cool grandpa who takes the kiddos for bike rides these days! Much less stress and send them home when I need a break!

Peatbog said:
If the bike were any cooler, you could store ice cream in the tank.

Speaking of ice cream, my birthday is tomorrow! Cake and ice cream for everyone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know a vintage ice cream trike would be a fun build!

Wow. Blown. Away.

Nice work! That bike is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Definitely a contender!

--Rob

Rat Rod said:
All I can say is...Man oh Man. :shock:

Thanks! I think that's a good thing anyway! :lol:

NLCTVWguy said:
Wow. Blown. Away.

Nice work! That bike is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Definitely a contender!

--Rob

I don't know about perfect, but it's as good as I can get it. Its funny...I have assembled a couple of bikes, but this was the first real "build". It's amazing what you can do with some sandpaper, a hammer, bondo, a can of primer and some motivation! :mrgreen:

I shot some new pics last night of the bike and even did one with the proud builder/owner. I'll try to get the posted later this week.

You´re truly gifted man, bike is awesome, fast standing still, screaming hot rod... one of the best.
I openly envy those pinstripes, true artist here.

Gdcast said:
You´re truly gifted man, bike is awesome, fast standing still, screaming hot rod... one of the best.
I openly envy those pinstripes, true artist here.

Thanks! I appreciate the nice words.

All the striping credit goes out to Brian Tomlinson here in Dayton. That dude is seriously talented and a solid individual. I told him what I was thinking and he nailed it. He was as into making my bike awesome as I was.

Alright....I may not win the build off, but I get the coolest family award...at least for tonight. I've spent a lot of time working on my bike. I drag the wife and kids out to look at all the new stuff I do to the bike. They are good sports and act interested. Anyway, today is my birthday and they got me a cake....Check it out...even the icing matches the pinstriping!

higgins_cake.jpg

and my present? A Speed Racer cycling jersey!

sracer.jpg

My 46th birthday!

hhhiggins21.jpg

Re: The Hot Rod Higgins - You got to see this! Pg 3

Terry,You certainly get one of my votes.The bike turned out amazing..And what better to have a supporting family to help ya' out! P.S. I almost have that Huffman done that I picked up from ya'!keep up the good work.
-Kreep-

Very cool. I enjoy how it looks so fresh and also holds the classic feel. great graphics too!

Kreep said:
Terry,You certainly get one of my votes.The bike turned out amazing..And what better to have a supporting family to help ya' out! P.S. I almost have that Huffman done that I picked up from ya'!keep up the good work.
-Kreep-

I was wondering what you did with that Huffman. I was talking to a friend this weekend and he was asking me about it. I told him that was the one bike that I regretting selling. Can't wait to see what you did with it.

Thanks guys....I am not sure its family involvement, but at least they tolerate my bike addiction! :lol: I suppose that's good enough. :mrgreen:

Very cool cake! A very Happy Birthday to you. I just love your bike, it's perfect! The fender skirts are real nice. For my next build I think i'm going to have to use some fender skirt. It a great look!

char said:
Very cool cake! A very Happy Birthday to you. I just love your bike, it's perfect! The fender skirts are real nice. For my next build I think i'm going to have to use some fender skirt. It a great look!

Skirts are "in" this summer. It's the latest fashion trend... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back