The Huffster - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Gives the frame a much different vibe.

Yeah I didnt drop the seatpost all the way back to the fender brace. So its a little more subtle.

Sooo this is a PITA, I usually chemical strip which sucks just as much

IMG_8351.jpg

I plan on getting this Electra chainguard to fit

IMG_8352.jpg

And some parts I will being using, I still need to find a fork to use

IMG_8353.jpg

I really like that Electra chainguard

So I have these chrome wheels, the rear has a bendix 76 hub that I need to rebuild
Question is, whats the best way to shine up these spokes? anybody

IMG_8354.jpg

Here's a couple mock ups
#1 is with a regular fork, pretty cool but not what I'm looking for (I want a bobber feel)
IMG_8355.jpg

#2 is with triple trees, this fork is the cheap kind (non adjustable legs) so Id have to bust out the welder again
IMG_8357.jpg

I actually like the standard forks on it, with the lowering of the rear it gives it some really nice rake...

Luke.

Yeah me too, I have to do some thinking on this. Im kinda losing my sense of direction on this one.

My thought is that the triples take the front of the bike too high. But put the front tire out there .

Standard fork looks good height wise, but doesn't put the tire out there like the triples.

With your cool mods, a standard height springer may look better on the frame than the basic forks...

Thanks for the input guys seriously. When I mocked it up, I realized how small this bike is. At 6ft, I may not ever ride it much.
So today it dawned on me, my daughter is 10 (a tall 10yr old at that) I will build this for her!
I feel like I know what I want to, I am going to keep this more or less simplified. Also the deadline has me a bit stressed,:43: and I really want to finish

Update hopefully soon!

The chainguard seems to be the easiest part of this build. I used a "L" shaped bracket to see if it even lined up with the hole in the frame, and to my surprise, it fit. Just have to shape the bracket smaller.
Its almost like it was meant for the bike. A little trimming on the back end, and its on. (Its the little things, ya know?)

IMG_8360.jpg

So this is the last modification I do before paint, I noticed the seat post tube is really tall so without getting too crazy I took off about 3/4 inch. Just enough room for the clamp.
I also found a messenger seat without springs, I thought that was different

Before and after
IMG_8366.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

Latest posts

Back