THE LADY RAT ( bowing out)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE LADY RAT

well,went down to larry's to pick up the 3 speed hub. we thought it had a coaster brake. when i got home i found it wasn't. so since i don't want to put rim brakes on this bike i will have to use a single speed with a coaster brake on it. oh well no real loss, i can use it on another bike. i just have to look upstairs and find my other rims to use. so back to painting another set of rims. also got some work done on my front end and got the frame sitting where i need it. man this Lady is siting low. progress is slow. no pic's yet. later

Outlaw

ok, so here is some pic's as of today. not done by far. lots more work to do. the Lady sits at 3 3/4 . now thats low. this frame is really small for a 26" bike and thats ok, it'll fit my wife just fine. so here is what i have so far.

NewFolder016.jpg

NewFolder015.jpg

NewFolder014.jpg

NewFolder013.jpg

NewFolder012.jpg

NewFolder011.jpg

NewFolder010.jpg

NewFolder009.jpg

NewFolder008.jpg

NewFolder007.jpg

ok, thats it for today. more to come.

Outlaw

What type of steel is that and how do you think it will hold up. for the rear extension that is.
J

why gee i don't know, i just jump up and down on it and if it don't break then i guess it's good to go. lol

Outlaw

You're gonna need some small cranks for her................i wonder if it would be "legal" to weld ANOTHER bottom bracket to the front of the down tube (in line with the axles). After all you wouldn't be "removing" anything or altering the frame in anyway.......It would give her a nice riding position, and you wouldn't have to worry about scraping. And it would look cool too!.......... Looks good, OUTLAW

yo skip, do it. i still need to do more work on em. round em off, that sort of thing. just do it., kota, i beleive the rules say i can weld on the frame, so guess what, another bb is going on, i can't use the one thats there.lol

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
kota, i beleive the rules say i can weld on the frame, so guess what, another bb is going on, i can't use the one thats there.lol

Outlaw

Gonna be the "baddest" lookin bike in the build off!.................make sure ya finish it in time. :wink:

kota, thanks, don't think it's the baddest in the bo, no your right, it is the baddest, now you can take that anyway ya want.lol

Outlaw

Re: THE LADY RAT ( new pictures)

I am really liking added dropouts. It gives the bike the stretched but subtle stance.

clancy that's not subtle, thats the baddest and lowest stance in here. lol. yeah, i like it too. if ya don't like it you can always put it back. i had to figure a way to get this one down so my wife can ride it and this was the easiest way to do it. still got some more little tricks to come.

Outlaw

whahaaa!
That frontforkspringerthing looks insane! Are you mad?? ; - b

I LIKE IT VERY MUCH THOUGH.

That bike has a great stance. Hope it's rideable though. Too bad extensive frame changes are a no-no this time. Cause it would be awesome to make mainstays out of the middle ones. 'Lengthen' them so you're able to install the wheels in the same position as the are right now.

outlaw is going for the lowest bb hight and shortest crank needed to make it rideable. well done and i thought the hooligan sat low. you make me wanna do the droped rear end like i was talking about anyways and just ditch my long crank for a short one. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm your a bad influence.

hahaha, yep, i am.mad maybe, like a madman.lol i have to put a bb up higher and will be using 5" cranks. there is only 3 3/4 " of ground clearence under that bb and i don't think they make cranks that small. would be interesting i think.lol

Outlaw

this is way cool. i've been kickin' around(and mockin' up) the idea of non-functional rockers as a way to lower a bike.
you took it to the next level by doin' it to the back also.
i cant wait to see the finished bike.

thanks, i can't wait either, hope i get it done.

Outlaw

awesome! the coolest girls bike ever!

Latest posts

Back