The Late Starter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wheel set is off my 60's typhoon which is slowly being stripped to feed other projects, haha. it's just a standard 26" coaster brake set. The tires are 90's era Specialized FatBoys, which I guess were a street tire for mountain bikes. We carry the FatBoy at my work, but it's a 1.25 now rather than a 1.95.
Night time pics in the next post!

FIN!
IMGP0420.jpg

IMGP0421.jpg

IMGP0422.jpg

IMGP0423.jpg

I love these pedals!
IMGP0424.jpg

Most of the compliments are on the bars "Those look like clubmans!" The saddle is not that comfortable but it has that 'fast' look to it. This was a fun bike to build up. I used it as a commuter to work for a week and everyone there wanted to buy it from me. Little did they know I have about $30 into it.. haha!

Picture if you will, the same exact bike in black, but w/bar upright, black grips and 1.75" 's. Travel back in time to 1979... :? BAMMM!!!! :shock: I just slammed it into a parked Duster :x :oops: Man, I loved that bike... gone too soon :cry: ... :lol:

Haha, I think you did, but no worries! Any damage done to the bike?

:shock: Whoa.. you must've been movin' to bend the front of THIS frame.. it's one heck of a sturdy front end. I'd be even more impressed if you were able to put a dent in the Duster. The only thing more solidly built than a schwinn bicycle frame from the 60's is a Mopar from the 60's..

I've got some good bike/scar stories myself. I have an 8x1.5 inch patch of scar tissue on my left thigh from sliding out in the rain going 30 down hill on my carbon specialized. I think it was a combo of sliding out and clipping my left pedal on the turn (shouldn't have been pedaling...) and to top it off I was only wearing my road riding gear.. which doesn't do much in the way of protection. :mrgreen:

Yeah, the head forging was fine, the tubes bent a couple inches back, I think a cheaply made bike would have separated instead of absorbing the impact. It certainly did nothing to the car bumper, but my face left it's mark on the trunk lid! :lol:

Latest posts

Back