"Nameless No More - Now MONOLITH!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe not... If I get a couple of bikes fixed up, this one is pretty much redundant. Brodie and the RockRat overlap with this one too much. The dropouts aren't right for a serious single speed attempt. When I told my son that I was actually thinking about selling a bicycle, he nearly fell over.
So, what's the consensus? Not a great time to sell bikes around here, the white stuff will be flying soon, but if I'm lucky, I could probably double my money on the thing, which would finance the other projects nicely.
View attachment 175662
I like a lot of arrows in my quiver, but realistically I only NEED one to kill

:grin:

Sounds like the Brodie has you more than covered. Easy choice

Sounds like the Brodie has you more than covered. Easy choice
Yeah, it ain't going anywhere. Plan on getting it trail ready in the off season, with a few little upgrades on the way. Needs a fork rebuild and new bb, wants a 1x crank and new right hand shift lever. I need to be more particular when I check out used bikes, I fall in love too easily

Yeah, it ain't going anywhere. Plan on getting it trail ready in the off season, with a few little upgrades on the way. Needs a fork rebuild and new bb, wants a 1x crank and new right hand shift lever. I need to be more particular when I check out used bikes, I fall in love too easily
I recognize that. When I cleaned a bike for a scrap build I can't sell it anymore. The best remedy is a small shed :bigsmile:
Bosmere-600x400.jpg

Now to find a corner for the sawing machine, the toolbox, spares.....

I recognize that. When I cleaned a bike for a scrap build I can't sell it anymore. The best remedy is a small shed :bigsmile:
Bosmere-600x400.jpg

Now to find a corner for the sawing machine, the toolbox, spares.....
Shelves are useful for improving utilisation of the space, both inside and on the doors, plus roof access is essential, trapdoor in floor, that kind of thing....

View attachment 199414
I could go either way on this one
Matti, Your picture makes me think of this exchange:
"Dorothy: Now which way do we go?
Scarecrow: Pardon me. That way is a very nice way...[pointing]
Dorothy: Who said that?
[Toto barks at the Scarecrow]
Dorothy: Don't be silly, Toto. Scarecrows don't talk!
Scarecrow: It's pleasant down that way too!...[pointing in another direction]
Dorothy: That's funny. Wasn't he pointing the other way?
Scarecrow: Of course, people do go both ways [pointing in both directions] That's the trouble. I can't make up my mind. I haven't got a brain. Only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
The Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right."

My last Hardrock has lasted me 25 years. This one should have me covered until I'm almost seventy. I can stop mountain bike shopping now, right?
I’ve been trying to convince myself of that as well. Should you succeed please let me know the technique. I’ll try to talk myself out of them sometimes until I notice something quirky enough to warrant another acquisition.😄

Forgot to post a couple of weeks ago I stripped down the unneeded parts
IMG_20230317_115347167.jpg
IMG_20230317_115336839.jpg

Bonus, a complete 3x7 system ready for a future build. Stupid SRAM won't shift the Shimano stuff on the Brodie
IMG_20230317_115518555.jpg
IMG_20230317_115454323.jpg

Just need to rebuild the rear end and install the tensioner and shorten the chain and we're rolling!

Latest posts

Back