the Navigator - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: the Navigator (finally getting started...)

Thanks for the feedback folks... I have a busy few days in front of me.
But I did just stock up on some supplies at home de pot earlier today.
If only I could fly at the speed of light and travel through time...

just came in the mail... might use depending on how well the chrome cleans up.
If not I will save them for a different project I have in mind.
3313015175_edb1f2c378.jpg

Anyway, here is a better mock-up, figuring out the finer details of how it will all go together...
3313841974_e80518c1cc_b.jpg

This positioning of the bars and seat will ride better. Though it's still a long way to go before I'm able to ride it.

Going to be spending a lot of late Friday night to Saturday night on this...
I feel like I am back in college scrambling at the last minute with final projects.

Anyone have an opinion on which sprocket to use?
One thing I have to think about is that the Star sprocket is bigger... and therefore a harder ride.
And the black and chrome circle one would break up the chrome with a little bit of extra black.
But I've been wanting to throw a Star sprocket on a bike for a long time now... they're too cool!
Decisions, decisions.
I am also trying to decide on white or black walls...

I like the WW front and the black wall back. Good function for that since It's easier to clean the WW on the front.
Keep that front sprocket. save the star sprocket for a three speed project. Then less worries about how big it is.

I really like spaceliners with a banana seat. very cool Joey.

eh, things aren't going well over here... broke a drill bit, can't find the right fender screws,
and other issues...
Might not be done by the deadline tomorrow.

Can I get an extension professor?

JoeyMac said:
eh, things aren't going well over here... broke a drill bit, can't find the right fender screws,
and on top of that my girlfriend's having an emotional crisis which requires my attention...
Might not be done by the deadline tomorrow.

Can I get an extension professor?
I believe that can be arranged. I really like where this is going man!

this is where I was at early this morning before my run to home de pot.
3320157641_b45780f689.jpg

I had to remove the horn unit from the tank because I planned to mount it in an unorthodox fashion.
3320987540_56a8a72f91.jpg

I spray painted the chainguard and springer fork cap in the basement before sunrise,
and then after they had dried for about an hour I moved them up to the bathroom to finish drying.
3320988212_d97e7ee554.jpg

and then sometime between then and around 5 o'clock this afternoon this happened:
3320989094_8a0291a746_b.jpg

I'll be posting more pics in the finished bike section as soon as I can get them uploaded...

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back