The Pack Rat.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSG

Reaction score
I'm starting off with a fairly boring lugged diamond frame. I'm not sure of the brand, as the head badge was faded/sanded into obscurity.

PR1.jpg

There is nothing boring about a classic diamond frame. I think they are an art form in their own right. I have one hanging in the garage that Double Nickel got that great looking JC Higging sprocket from. If he doesn't have plans for the frame (and while he is distracted with "build off #6) I may build something out of it. I am not going to enter the build off, too much stress but I will be watching for you to give me some inspiration.

Today I wire brushed most of the old primer off the frame and fitted a fork from a ladies bridgestone. The original fork got kind of mangled trying to remove what was left of the stem. Luckily this fork fits perfect, and I had a new headset laying around that was the right size. Not sure about the bars yet, the bars and fork are just mocked up at this point. I also gathered together the majority of the parts.

frame1.jpg

This frame does have some nice looking lug work.

frame2.jpg

Here is the pile of parts together.

frameparts3.jpg

I got the frame and fork painted today. The paint is valspar and is kind of a British racing green. I had it left over from last years build off bike :mrgreen:. Here is a photo from the paint shop.

frame3paint.jpg

This leather saddle has seen better days but I managed to form it back into shape a bit and it doesn't look too bad. It rained today so I'll need to wait for a sunny day to finish the paint.

p1013523.jpg

Here is a better outdoor shot of the frame and fork together.

prframe3.jpg

I also finished the rear wheel. It's a Sturmey 3 speed with coaster brake and bell tire.

prwheel.jpg

Latest posts

Back