The Pack Rat.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned and greased the front hub, and mounted the tire and tube. I also installed the bottom bracket, fork and wheels. I'm having issues with the wheels. The front axle is walking out of the fork when I tighten it, and the rear axle is either stripped, or one of the nuts is. I'll have to get that sorted out. So far I've been unable to get the camera to pick up the colors correctly.

prframwheels.jpg

Edit: I managed to get an indoor picture where the light green accents aren't washed out. Luckily the front axle only needs spacers, and the rear axle issue turned out to be a stripped nut (not the axle!). I also stuck the crank-set, seat and bars on there loosely to see what it looks like. I'm really pleased with the way its turning out, especially for a low budget build. So far I've taken care of the easy part, the interesting stuff is yet to come.

p1013567.jpg

i REALLY like the green rims- that color goes so well with the black tires. shows how a single simple choice can make a big difference..... 8)

I'm making progress on the fenders, I'm not in a big rush because its been too wet to paint. The rear one is going to take a bit of work to get it back into shape.

p1013573.jpg

p1013574.jpg

I got the fenders painted. I didn't use any filler on the wrecked rear fender, but it looks ok. I installed it with some brass screws to keep it classy. I need to adjust it a little to even the gap out a little bit.

p1013583.jpg

Until next time I'll leave you with this.

p1013579e.jpg

Bendix said:
i REALLY like the green rims- that color goes so well with the black tires. shows how a single simple choice can make a big difference..... 8)
I agree, and yes that frame sure does have some nice lugs on it! SSG, I hadn't noticed your build up to this point, but I'm glad that I stumbled upon it today. It looks awsome!

I spent a few days making a new work bench and making my workspace unusable. Now back to work. I've been working on the rack a little bit, but it's been very hot in the garage (around 90F).

p1013636.jpg

p1013637x.jpg

I'm not sure what color I'll stain the wood in the basket, I'm not even sure I'll keep the basket. I've got some small parts soaking in rust solution, and I got the new sturmey parts in the mail.

p1013643.jpg

p1013638.jpg

Today I de-rusted and acid etched the chain black. I reused the chain that was on it because it was original favorit brand chain. I mounted the chain and made a copper brake arm strap. The pedals need to be rebuilt and I need the shifter cable and then it should be rideable.

p1013646.jpg

I'm using a schwinn canti because I thought there was no way a diamond frame could win in the build off.
Then I saw yours... :shock: now I'm worried!

Latest posts

Back